1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. MONON

MONON Member

Amen to that!:(

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thanks Rockets, we supported you for decades through championships and extended periods of "stupid," and you reward us by blacking us out of your new little in house network that has the coverage of about the TC parking lot.

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I'm paying about 100 bucks a month for DTV yet it feels like I'm in the 94-96 era where I didn't have cable and I had to listen to the radio. This blows.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I went to the Rockets game today, and a comcast rep, and a very nice Rockets Staffer gave me a t shirt! Thank you very nice Rockets staffer!

But I left it in my seat. Gonna need another one...

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure that shirt was $2.40 less than what they want each paying customer to pony up for this channel.

6. GMNot

GMNot Member

The longer this goes the more it reflects poorly on Alexander & Co. (You can't separate yourselves from Comcast. "Pay no attention to the men behind the curtain" won't work.) Just another example of the super-rich being myopic when it comes to the average Joe fan. As Shakespeare wrote: "A plague on both your houses."

It's a real bitter way to treat long-time fans. I thought people in the organization logged in to Clutchfans and cared about what we feel and think... if they still do, it must be in the guise of a Tinman. Toto, we ain't in Kansas any more.

There IS the intangible of fans sending "energy" to their team WHEN they are watching it. Kind of hard to do when you've had your eyes poked out.

On a more positive note -- the more the losses pile up, the less it hurts to miss the games. Who wants their heart broken twice? Do any of us really enjoy the feeling that we just wasted 2½+ hours on a loss like this? (Miami, Denver, Memphis, etc. ... doesn't matter.) Been there, done that enough times in 25 years. :(

I'm beginning to wonder if this doesn't rival some of the biggest bone-headed moves in the Rockets history. And I'm sure we each have our own list of those.

All we fans want is the opportunity to turn it off.

7. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Since Clutch posted this thread in the beginning I have noticed no change in the status of the situation. Fortunately, we seem to be missing nothing by not being able to view the Rocket games. We have a poor team. Once the scoring threat of James Hardin was found out the other teams chopped him off and we don't have anyone to help him. McHale played the same 5 or 6 guys over and over and we got worse and worse. At least some of the rooks give us some alternatives since McHale left.

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Heard a birdie this morning on 610 radio say that with nba league pass he is able to watch the rocket games..... Is it because he has the hook up or is it possible??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (Direct tv)
    [​IMG]

9. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

The longer this drags on, the less interest the common fan has for the Rockets and the less they will spend. Not to mention I have a young son that could see me watching the Rockets and gets interest in the Rockets at a young age, will be going elsewhere for his entertainment. Job well done Rockets!!! And quit telling me I need to reach out my cable provider, it is not my job, it is yours!!!!

10. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

They really shouldn't be able to do this when we subsidize their team with public arenas and stadiums.

This, combined with the lockout, has made me a lifetime "No" vote on any public financing of sports facilities.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Public Stadiums are always terrible investments for the city, but usually basketball areas aren't as bad since they tend to be used a lot. The worst are football stadiums.

12. junk151

junk151 Member

You can with League Pass Broadband.

13. Pete the Cheat

Comcast is really hindering my ability to form irrational opinions on the state of our team right now...

I mean I am willing to make crap up with the best of us, but it just feels forced...

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

streaming is brutal. The choppiness and pixelated images with freezing and buffering is painful.

15. loveofthegame44

$26 a month until situation is solved league pass broadband works great. download hotspot sheild activate and log in works great. Streaming is great quality hd recommend viewing in middle size view port full screen gets alittle choppy.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL that's where I'm at. I can't even get mad about not linning because I can't watch the game.

17. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

One thing to note is that the Rockets share of CSN Houston is SUBSTANTIALLY smaller than the Astros -- almost half, in fact. I believe it is something like 26 percent to the Astros 46 percent.

Wondering where Jim Crane is in all of this.

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

thanks brother
    [​IMG]

19. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

From Feigen on twitter- Rockets owner Leslie Alexander on CSNH talks: "I think the other people want to make a deal with us. I think shortly it will be worked out."

20. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

How are you guys watching on league pass? If I can find out I'll make that purchase.