1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons: Sophomore Slump or Exposed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gil, Nov 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. vator

vator Contributing Member

naw...I don't see it

2. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

SMH. This thread proves how stupid and knee-jerk some CFs are...first it was Parsons sucks! Replace him with Morris! Trade him for a backup PG! Today he plays his heart out, scores, defends, has clutch 3s and its "i'm eating crow."

All you knee-jerk haters just stop posting until the Rockets have 25 games under their belt. You guys looks SO STUPID for your vacillating opinions from game to game. If a player does bad for one game--bench him! Does well the next--oh, I'm eating crow, he should start. STFU. I'm tired of this bull crap.

harden, lin, parsons, ppat all these guys have had good games and bad games. thats what happens to young players and a young team. Give it some time. We should have a moratorium on posting about player complaints until at least 25 games in..this is getting ridiculous.

END RANT

2 people like this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

[​IMG]

The real MVP of this team

4. jocar

jocar Member

op probably never even watched the rockets last year. this is no fluke for parsons.

5. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

exactly. The guy is a leader out there on the court and he's just finished his rookie ball and is 7 games into his 2nd year...i mean, this dude has some big time potential and could really step it up. He has the heart and the IQ and the game ain't far behind

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

him and asik, MVP, MVP!!!

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The 2012 seasons crop of new clutch fans is disappointing for the most part. Maybe they will mature, or gain an understanding of the game, or just go away.

8. Gator

Gator Member

I came here last year to see how you guys were reacting to Parsons and just decided to come back and see how you guys feel this year again and all I can say is damn, Houston deserves to have a bad team.

I know pro fans overreact to everything but give the kid a chance. Is he top 5 in the NBA at his position? No. Is he top 10? Probably not. I guarantee you that you guys would complain with the next guy. Parsons is very streaky and you have to deal with sometimes him falling off for a bit. He just put up 25 points against the best team in the NBA. I know this thread was made a few days ago but still, you guys are the definition of overreacting. Chill out. He is 6'10 and isn't going to be as agile as smaller guys but he's a hell of a player and will do nothing but continue to gain confidence.

The honeymoon is clearly over for you guys with him but give the kid a chance. I was happy he landed there after seeing everyone's reaction but now I'm hoping he gets a chance somewhere where he is appreciated for what he is. A good but not elite player. Not everyone is elite.

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

not everyone is overreacting. those who watched the rockets last year know what we're getting from parsons

the new fans are the one that overreacting

10. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Relax, Gator. You are overreacting to the over reactors. I don't think the opinions you are taking issue with represent the majority of Clutchfans.

1 person likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What are you talking about Parsons gets lots of love on here including Morey's daughter

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

This person looks even MORE dumb after tonights game.

13. mirus

mirus Member

He got owned,sure

14. J-Red

J-Red Member

Even though I only joined up this year, I have been reading this board for years and have been a Rockets fan through the good and bad since I was 10 and I'm 29 now. I do however agree with you that most of the new members are quite disappointing, with making way too many dumb threads and over-reacting about everything, especially the fans who just joined because of one player joining the team. I've made 2 threads that I thought were actually worth discussing, but after they die down, I don't try to keep them afloat by adding to it. I just move on and read new posts. I am guilty of reacting hard over McHale because I don't like his style of coaching and his track record speaks for itself. Not all great players make great coaches, in fact its most of the time the opposite. Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Mike D'Antoni, Scott Brooks, Jerry Sloan, and even Rudy T. were not great hall of fame players who led their teams to Championships. They were great role players who understood the game and have very high basketball IQ's. This is why they say Battier will make a great coach some day. McHale is my only problem with this current team because he doesn't fit. Parsons is young, Harden is young, Lin is young, Asik is young, hell everyone except Delfino is young and all have potential to grow and be better players if they are under the right coach. The wrong coach will stump their growth because he won't know how to use their skills the right way, hence Lin and Harden's troubles. The overreacting to these young guys having ups and downs is getting ridiculous. They will be fine.

Now I'm done with my rant. Until next time, this is Ron Burgandy, you stay classy Houston.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Very sad that I missed this game. How did he look beyond the 3 pointers? For this season, I'm looking mostly for him to become a more diverse offensive player. 3-7 + 4FTs + 3assists inside the 3-point line seem to imply he's more involved with the offense.

16. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Yes he is more involved in the offense this year. It looks to me as he becomes more comfortable and used to playing with his new teammates that he will continue to improve this year.

17. Gil

Gil Member

Shut me up big time these past few games.

His defense has definitely regressed though. Batum had a career night against him and Kobe looked like he was back in his 20's again.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It seems like Parsons put in a lot of effort last year on defense in order to get (and keep) his playing time. Now that's he's entrenched as a full-time player, he's pacing himself. He's still solid, but not the defensive whiz he was at times last year.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

To be fair, Kobe has been going off on EVERYBODY this year.

But yes, I do want to see Parsons increase his effort level on defense back to what it was last season.

Still, Parsons is having a decent year so far and I don't know why people are complaining.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I love Parsons play. This is the very beginning of his second season and we have seen an overall improvement from last year.