1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Plowman, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Joseph has done a great job in his a large part of his development.

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Been patiently watching him all year. Still haven't seen enough of him matched up against a great WR2, although I have seen more than last year... not ready to anoint him pro-bowl caliber or anything like a lot of you guys. but... yeah, he's coming around. Really big player for us so far this year. Cant deny that.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't think Pro Bowl caliber, but a very good player.

5. superjhou

superjhou Member

He's definitely improved, but he still shows flashes of his old self. He completely got bailed out yesterday when he fell down on a fourth quarter play. Luckily you had a dumb QB in Campbell that was panicking and decided to check down, otherwise it could've been a huge play.

I've got to say, that pick off of the throw to Brandon Marshall was great. Even if the whole stadium knew Cutler was going to force it to Marshall on a third and long, Jackson made a great play.

6. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

I want to find how many times he has been targeted and how many yards and TDs he has given up. Can't find stats on CBs. :mad:

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

he didn't fall down he got pushed down and refs missed the call

8. foo82

foo82 Member

Agreed, can't fault kjax on that. Marshall pushed him down. It was actually smart of cambell not to throw there. Refs would have called offensive PI there.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Not only did he get pushed, but the weather conditions didnt make it any easier to stay on his feet.

Very proud of Kareem...he's been very solid...and I can comfortably say that the CB2 isnt a position Im looking to upgrade anymore.

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Kareem has been great so far this year. No cornerback out there completely shuts people down every game and has no passes caught on them. Even had that pass been completed, you can't knock Kareem. It was a quiet evening for him other than the int. and that is a good thing.

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Can't comment on the stats, and I know he regularly matches up against WR2s, but what my eyes tell me is that quarterbacks are starting to throw at Joseph more frequently than they do in Kareem's direction, and they seem to have less success against Kareem than against Joseph.

Also he leads the AFC in interceptions.

Pro-bowl or not, he really has become very good.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't forget he made some big tackles, stopping marshal on what should have been an easy 3rd down catch and run. On the next play the bears went for it on 4th and texans caused the fumble.

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

that is a very underrated play. I was certain that was going to be a first down.

14. foo82

foo82 Member

I'm just so happy he is making everyone eat crow. I was one of the few Kareem supporters SINCE his rookie year. I knew he could grow into what he is, just thought he needed time, experience, and proper coaching.

15. geekSnake

geekSnake Member

pay him Rick! :D

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I will say Kareem has been a better number 2 corner than Joseph has been a number 1 corner this season.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well, when your number two is being blanketed, your best bet is chuck it to your number one and hope something happens. Joseph has been fine, especially considering he was playing with that groin injury earlier.

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

wow! he locked down Devin Hester, maybe he is not great at WR, but Hester is fast, and Kareem kept him in check.

Im eating crow now, maybe not a pro-bowler this year, but if he keeps this going, and keeps improving, he could be a pro-bowler next year.

Congrats to Kareem Jackson.

the only one liability the texans DEF had, is not longer a liability. :)

19. 713

713 Member

The best thing about Kareem coming out of college was he was an above average tackler and he's showed that since day 1. It's amazing what a little coaching can do for a player when it comes to technique and coverage skills. :) .

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think some of it has to be the pressure generated by our front 7. He isn't stuck trying to defend someone forever.