1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Yes, lots of overreaction here. As far as playing time, I don't care at all. Sampson's comment was odd, though -- and false. Maybe he's just not used to speaking to media.

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

The only reason should just be that more time for Lin to rest, which is good for him in the long run. As much as I want Lin to pad his stats, for me it's all about seeing him and the team make the playoffs. Why play your best players so much when you are up 20 or so points and holding steady. The coach should have left at that versus making a complicated comment like that. I'm sure players don't like to hear things like that. We'll see if he's going to be able to utilize Lin's full potential in the next several games.

3. kinein

kinein Member

I'm going to have to agree with this! This was good commentary, I want this to instill more competition. If Lin doesn't want to respond to being a star he better respond to being outplayed by TD.

Although Lin probably will need the rest of this season to get into full game shape mentally and physically.

4. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

My take is that Sampson was giving Lin some much needed rest as well. His comments could be construed as a morale or confidence booster for TD. Better to spin it like than to say he was only playing TD to give Lin some rest.

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Fair post. I do think Lin fans (myself included) might sometimes be a bit traumatized by some of the stuff he has gone through.

6. slickster

slickster Member

It seems like rockets fans are stuck with sampson and mchale for the foreseeable future.

I would love to see the rocks make a blockbuster move in the coaching area, but we can't count on it.

Morey seems to be much less interested in coaching hires. He seems fixated on leveraging deals for players, which is great, but finding a coach compatible with the talent you sign is a major factor in creating a championship team.

7. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Your join date... was the time Lin was here and gone, before the Linsanity hype.
    Even Lin fans can be divided into real and bandwagon ones.:grin::):grin:

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Anyone who knows anything about Sampson is that, going back to his college days, he would much prefer a friendly text to a player over speaking to the media.

9. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Phil is noe available hmmmmmmm....................................

10. jason330i

jason330i Member

well, i wonder, the lakers just hired d'antoni.

nash is too old to play lots of minutes.

if the coaches here are not that high on lin (and don't use him properly).

could we see a trade later this year?

11. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

you mean lin for nash.....? Future HOF or not Nash has been on a fast decline and is 38 going on 50. But if you think that trade makes sense I'm sure Lin would be down with that.

12. jason330i

jason330i Member

nah, lin to backup nash in L.A. (i know its a lot to pay for a backup PG, but he would play more mins than a usual backup)

i dunno who would come here, gasol maybe.

13. uncarved

uncarved Member

So you want the Rockets to go from 1 NBA-level PG to 0.

14. Lihao

Lihao Member

so Lin for Gasol and Douglas become the starting point guard?

[​IMG]

15. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

that's what i was about to say...oh the horror

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lol, but they were really over extending harden's time. i was worried for him

17. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

I thought everyone on this board consider Lin a backup PG to the most, so Rockets go from 0 NBA-level PG to 0. I don't see problem with that.

18. jason330i

jason330i Member

do you like steve blake?

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Just stop. He's not perfect but he's working hard. He's a class act. I'm sorry he stole your girlfriend or whatever but my your posts just reek of devisivness and desperation.

I see a problem with your agenda. Cheer for the rockets in the GARM or migrate somewhere else.

#719 Roxnostalgia, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  20. torocan

torocan Member

Gasol is being paid $22M.

Lin is only $8.3M ... where does the other $14M come from?