1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden performance trends down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROF2012, Nov 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Look I've been taking pills for this.

Please don't tell anyone about my tiny data set.

2. ROF2012

ROF2012 Member

Harden's stats is in the range of the prediction in the last game vs, Detroit

3. ROF2012

ROF2012 Member

Prediction: His average number will 18 pts--3 Ast--5 TO in the next few months

Last game vs Detroit: 20 pts--3 Ast--5 TO

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

People are delusional if they thought Harden could keep his PPG somewhere in the 30s throughout the season.

The first two games, he caught opposing defenses off-guard; I'm sure their game plan was to stop Lin.

Now, defenses are focusing more on Harden. It's up to James to get out of bad situations.

Iggy was already put on him, as a defensive assignment. It'll be interesting to see how Harden plays when other good wing stoppers are assigned to him.

I'm not saying Harden isn't good - I'm just saying he's not NBA premiere week good. lol

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Wade, Battier and James all will rotate on him. Probaly Mike Miller to. All those are good to very good in Battier's case. Lets see if he has turned the corner.

6. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Harden is not yet the type of player you can put confidence in, week in and week out no matter the defender. (Most) Superstars are superstars because they don't get stopped by the top defenders. The beauty is Harden is with the Rockets for the next few years and will have that much time to develop into that kind of player.

7. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Obviously, since he is now the focal pt of all defenses so he will not be the Harden we saw in those 1st two games. I think his numbers will be above average prob 20 ppg/4 assts/ 3.6TOS. Did yall think making the transition from a star bench player to a superstar player would be so easy and quick? Duh....

8. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

He has been trending down since the coaches started trying to play he like the team's starting and backup PG.

The man is a great SG with some ability to play point but his main success in the NBA hasn't been playing that position. When you constantly have the ball being given to him expecting him to make plays for himself or his team mates you put him in situations we've seen recently where he turns the ball over or comes up with nothing due to defenses seeing through the shallow offensive sets that are called.