1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Chill out, dude. I apologized, meant it (like I said, my real-life friends, those I've been following the Rockets with like a religion since 1984 don't have the channel, so that sucks for them, even if I'm enjoying having them over to watch the games), and you wouldn't leave it alone. I haven't once been happy that there are Rockets fans can't watch basketball games. I'm not even happy that you can't, even if you've made that hard. I hope they come to an agreement with whatever provider you have and that you are able to watch the team soon. Again, I apologize for making fun of those who are so upset they would disavow this team. I'll just go to lurking in this thread, checking on it regularly like I have been since it was created hoping that every new post is good news I get to share with my buddies.

It'd be nice if you could just stop referrring to me in other posts going forward. Thanks.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Alright, you guys hug it out already. Except you Les, you still suck.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

For those unhappy, I understand. I've been watching via crappy streams for several seasons now. You get used to it.

You cherish the rare televised game.

5. joesr

joesr Member

I guess this means Batman jones has permission to keep posting!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. GMNot

GMNot Member

This whole debacle has "unplugged" me for the last week. It's like withdrawal from substance abuse. Once you get past the withdrawals, it gets easier.

I would note 2 things.

First, the Rockets (and/or the Astros) must not have done their homework regarding Comcast before making them "the" network for the Rockets. No team would want this to happen, given the PR it generates.

And second, the time frame couldn't be worse. These negotiations could have been done more in earnest much earlier. How long have the parties involved known there might be hurdles? Come on, this is just poor planning and execution. Can't help the sports metaphor. As has been noted by some here, the Harden "hype" has passed. Fans will not think they are missing much since the team has come back down to earth.

So what has happened, at least in my case, is the team was overhauled, roster-wise, so I had much less attachment going in. Then the games are blacked out across, virtually the whole state. Within the past couple of weeks, it has gotten to where I can take it or leave it. I won't purchase LP to watch the team. The Rockets will have some PR with the fans to repair if and when this all gets settled. Or maybe not. Whether intended or not, the Rockets may also be "retooling" their fan base as well as their roster.

7. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

As a follow up to my previous post...as the majority of fans that have watched in the past get in a habit of not being able to watch, it's going to be much harder for them to tune in once this is resolved. They will become used to not watching and simply move on, especially if this drags into dec/jan.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I could deal with this if I lived in area far away from Houston, however, I live in Houston so I should not have to dig for a crappy stream to watch the Rockets.

9. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

i officially just made the switch to comcast, for $20 less per month, I'm now getting a HD dvr, and an extra outlet to one of my bed rooms. So far I"m a happy customer, no complaints. I called direct tv to cancel and all they offered was NFL sunday ticket. Sorry, I"m not as big of a footbal fan as I am a Rockets fan. I don't get why some people are taking a stand against the rockets over this and threatening not to be a fan anymore. Yeah it's screwed up but I"m not throwing away 20+ years of being a die hard fan because I want to be loyal to my current tv provider (direct tv).

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Less of a stance against the Rockets; more of a war on Greed.

1 person likes this.
  11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Congrats. Enjoy the crappy customer service and substandard HD. Also revel in the knowledge that you played right into Comcast's plan. They want people to switch. I had Comcast for years and now have DTV. I would rather put my junk in a blender than go back to Comcast.

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Exactly.

13. Batman Jones

Double exactly.

14. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Wait til they raise your bill to double that. Itll happen gradually. Then wait until you leave and they are complete dicks. Wait til you return your equipment and wait in a 2 hr line

15. Batman Jones

1. You've certainly made light of it enough. And you've extra-certainly made light of this longtime BBSer's frustration and anger over the situation, though I have been a pretty constant supporter and friend to you on the board. If you act like a jerk, you're going to get called a jerk. That's one of the hazards of acting like a jerk.

2. It's always a mistake to thank someone in advance of them doing the thing you're thanking them for.

1 person likes this.
  16. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I'm losing interest in the Rockets. I'm losing interest in Directv. and Comcast can go to hell.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oops wrong thread... CUCK FOMCAST!

20. joesr

joesr Member

Because you are one of few who didn't get a better package at a walloping better price? Happy you get your games but not only did I save 60 dollars from my total bill I got more channels and more internet speed (they know Im streaming games!@!).