1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

I think the longer this drags on the less everyone will care. They already missed their chance to take advantage of the Harden trade and the newness of the season. At the start of the season all of the casual observers probably tried to tune in and see what was new with the team and after realizing they couldn't watch, moved on.

I have always watched the games and if not paying close attention had the game on in the background. The amount of work that goes into watching on the computer just isn't worth it night in and night out.

2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Hammer, meet nail.

4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

After being a loyal and diehard fan for all my life, I found myself checking the score on the computer last night hoping they would lose . . .

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And I politely invite you to **** off.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought you were done with the Rockets. Why are you still posting here?

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It's still football season, I'm fine catching the fourth quarter on a bootleg stream....so far. Remember, advertisers pay for eyeballs, and at some point the Official Sponsors of Rocket Basketball will insist on a wider market. The cost/benefit for both parties will meet in the middle. Christmas marketing pressure will increase so I'd guess we still have a couple of weeks before this breaks.

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Maybe, but those channels probably get more than a 1.5 on any given night and generally do not seek such a high fee per channel. Most other content providers bundle together multiple channels (Viacom, Fox, etc). Comcast is asking for a very significant fee for their one channel. A channel that draws very low relative viewership.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I certainly understand Batman's sentiment. I am not done with the team, but since I can't watch, I find myself not caring nearly as much as I used to. When this gets resolved, I am not sure it will ever be the same.

If Comcast had been asking for an amount comparable to what Fox Sports was, rather than their king's ransom, I imagine we would all be watching the games. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth...kinda like when the Jazz win a game.

10. rocketman73

rocketman73 Member

complaint to DirectTv

i have been a Rocket fan for a very long time since i was young and i have never missed a season of watching them on TV until this season. I have been very upset and i am sure lots of other fans who have DirectTV and cannot see their favorite team play because there hasn't been an agreement made to add ComcastSportsNet to our cable provider. i am really hoping that they are doing their best in getting an agreement made so that all the fans can start enjoying the Rockets games again. lets all hope something will be done soon.

11. Houston288South

AND complaint to Uverse...

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Complaint to Ho Chen

13. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Have you called DTV and complain yet? Call them pick the canceling option, and tell them you want to cancel, they will ask you why and tell them cause you want to watch the rockets and you are switching to comcast. They will look at your record for a min and two and they will make you an offer to stay with them.

14. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Come up with 1mill a month and they will add CSN for you

15. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Why are you posting on here

16. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I wish I could do this, Comcast isn't available in my area. I've emailed them a lot, I don't expect to get anything out of it though

17. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Add DISH to the list.

However, without knowing the details of the negotiations, it does not seem fair to me to blame DISH and others for what could very well be price gouging by the new network.

I want to see the games as much or more than anyone, but not interested in rewarding COMCAST.

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Leave then!

19. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

You are the complete opposite of a "loyal and diehard fan" .. Hope that was your last post.

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Man, we have been on this board together for so long. When Clutch and I saw The Dark Knight together, I spoke with him at length on your behalf re: your D&D ban. I had absolutely no idea what an ******* you were.

I was pissed off, dick. You have the games so you don't give a damn about the more than half of Houston doesn't.

I repeat that I have watched every single game since 1994 until this year. Les, teamed with the greed of Les, took that away from me. Before that I was a regular watcher since the 1970s.

When the games are suddenly snatched away from me I'm not allowed to overreact? I shouldn't be pissed?

You'd freak out if your signal was interrupted. We have no signal.

And, if I do freak out, another fan that gets to watch the games is right here to mock me and others that don't get the games?

Seriously, **** you dude. I had no idea you were such a creep.