1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's not Rocket Science

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Nov 10, 2012.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I’ve noticed a slew of fans are making comments stating the fact that it’s too early to push the panic button. I think it’s a fair assessment to say that we’re all frustrated (players included) with the progress and record of the team. I personally blame our head coach, for the team’s current predicament. I know the season just started but these “questionable” decisions truly confuse me. Here’s some facts that I’ve noticed about the season.
    - Why in the hell is Patrick Patterson shooting 3’s when he’s almost an automatic mid range shooter?
    - Why is Lin not allowed to be the playmaker on this team? Good things obviously happens when he’s put in position to run the show. Harden is good…but no Lebron
    - We have no post play presence of the team (God I’d love Scola right now) and we have a rookie who actually has a decent post game sitting on the bench?
    - McHale was brought in to develope “young” players….So if we have one of the youngest teams if not the youngest in the league, why can’t rookies (Jones , Machado etc) contribute? So instead we go with a 7 man rotation? Don’t get it.
    - Poor ball movement, poor rotation, improper spacing, players just standing around not moving without the ball = Bad coaching

I know I’m being harsh but the reality is our team is better than what we’re seeing on the floor. I know we aren’t competing for the championship this year but it doesn’t mean we have to settle for an inexcusable lack of basketball 101

2. DaFranchise03

DaFranchise03 Member

As long as the team continues to improve I dont mind some of the problems. To go off what you said:

- What pisses me off about Patterson is it seems he worked on his range more than his post game. Even with Scola here, he should have known that working on his post game would have made a bigger impact.
    - Lin is a good pick and roll player but he struggles at times. I saw Bayless lock him up.
    -McHale not playing D-Mo or Jones makes no sense. Why not try D-Mo in the post or to spread the floor. Jones energy and hustle could help with the rebounding when Asik is out.
    -Hopefully with more games and practices the last part will get better. While it's annoying to watch at times, hard to judge until later in the season. A veteran team might be able to adapt quicker but it will take this young team awhile.

Also want to add that I hate the minutes distribution. Starters are playing way to much. Harden leads the league with 40 a night. I hope upper manage makes him stop.

3. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

It's never the time to push the panic button...what have you got out of it...surely not the clarity of mjnd...its better to be calm and simply enjoy the exciting game of basketball