1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am surprised fans feel like we should be contenders

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Nov 10, 2012.

1. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

If you want to know why I'm upset the the simplest answer is Lin.

I never wanted Lin on this team. PERIOD. He's garbage. We should of just kept Dragic. Dragic is 50 times better then Lin will ever be. I think we would be 5-0 if Dragic was still here. No but we got to cater to the Asian fans to make our terrible attendance better. Which is still gonna be terrible by the way.

Lin dribbles like a high school player. He dribbles right in front of the defender and gets it taken away every single time. If not he will dribble off his feet and throw the ball away.

Don't even get me started on how bad a coach MCFail is.

GARBAGE.

Thats why I'm mad.

2. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Three years 25 Mil for Lin is not lot of money, get your head check first.

3. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Lin almost turned the game around in 4th qt, apparently you are a LOH and didn't watch the game,

4. VanityHalfBlack

Shut yo dumbass up, the Toyota Center still sucked even with the added Asian demographic you r****d... You dragic nut guzzler are some of the most ignorant trash on these bbs...

5. zdrav

zdrav Member

Those damn Asians... Taking our jobs AND our basketball.

6. Orange1

Orange1 Member

You are mad because you are powerless and moneyless. Embrace Les A, Lin, born athletic like Kobe, NBA hard worker like Mchale will relieve your frustration somewhat. Carbon copy what they did, you will find you love all Asian fans and international fans as well not just a player from Europe.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My advice to new fans: Let these guys suck and enjoy it!

I mean, why the heck are so many people caught up on W's and L's?

You got the youngest team in the league. Your best player is 23. Your next best player is 24. And those are your veterans. Your only experienced consistent guy is Carlos Delfino who best year in a 10 year career was 11 points on 41% shooting.

This team is young, inexperienced, new together, and outside of the starting backcourt - not very good.

So instead of going ballistic every time Harden goes 4-20 or Lin turns the ball over 8 times - instead just be glad this team has a future and enjoy watching the team develop and grow.

This is a rebuilding year. In a way, the worse our record is, the better off we are in the draft. What's important is that the guys play hard, they are learning, and it's actually fun to watch them play - even if it's sloppy and they lose.

So have some fun, and enjoy it. Because it sure is a lot better than the last 3 years even if we only win 30 games.

1 person likes this.
  8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Bleach martini... Please drink one.

Excellent post OP, couldn't agree more. Even w harden this is a 7/8 seed at best. I really have faith that Lin can be a solid 15/8 guy but outside of that we have zero offensive weapons. Add to that our age, inexperience and what sounds like any semblance of an offensive strategy and it's easy to see how and why we are struggling.

All that said, I have the utmost faith that this team will be competitive this year, that morey will be able to land that second max player and that one or two of our youngsters (jones, Morris, dmo, white) will develop into solid rotational players.

9. rednation98

rednation98 Member

Yeah. at least we even have a team. Just wait a few years and see what happens. this team is full of young people.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Good post.

Agreed.

And let's remember we have still have a lot of cap room.

11. gah

gah Member

The worse our record, the worse is Harden as a franchise player, the worse are our young guys, the worse our coaching staff. I don't want to see us holding a top ten pick at the end of the season. (By the way, I'm not hitting the panic button, at least until the middle of December.

12. Orange1

Orange1 Member

You can not win them. Then join them. Find yourself an Asian girl or boyfriend. That is what they did to US land as well. :grin:

13. rockets137

rockets137 Member

Damn, finally a grown up talking now
    Good post well said

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

For the fans clammering about on clutchfans, creating 3 threads an hour about firing McHale or "Why No Coach Play No Rookie".... think about this- the sooner the Rockets lose games earlier in the season, the sooner you will get to see different and new lineups that features the rookies, and the organization can finally get enough of sample size to evaluate the future of Patterson and Morris with this franchise moving forward.

There is a positive spin you can put on any situation the Rockets fall in this season...

So sit back, enjoy it, and stop creating knee jerk threads every two seconds.

Again- five more seasons with Harden. Lets use this first one to explore a little bit and let this team find an identity. There is no need to win now when you look at all the juggernaut teams in the West right now. The Rockets window to win big would probably be the year after next if you look at how the West is positioned.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A voice of reason ringing out in the midst of the chaos!

16. kent335

kent335 Member

Totally agree with OP. Rockets have room for one more max cap player next year. Rockets have the youngest team in the league. Rockets will get better.

Also, the games have been competitive, which is more than what I expected going into the year.

I think there are people on Clutchfans who just want to post outrageous things just to get a reaction. In other words, trollers who are looking for some self esteem.

17. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Because these young players will be ruined by bad coaching. It hurts their development.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Kevin isn't even playing the rookies. So I don't even know what the plan is. We are becoming the bucks or hawks. Not good enough and having to overpay guys to come here.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I was thinking about 30 wins before the season started and now I'm just as optimistic. We lost the game against Memphis because of turnovers due to youth and lack of time together but not due to lack of talent. If these guys were seasoned vets that had been playing together for years then I would be worried. As it stands I want to win but letting these guys develop is more important. I think at some point players like DMo, TJ and White (who are all more talented than Morris & 2Pat) will get their shots. In the mean time it looks like the Rockets are currently a legit candidate for Shabazz Mohamid.

Next seasons team will likely look very different, perticularly if on of the rookies ends up in the line-up by seasons end and DM is able to land another all-star caliber player via free agency or trade. At least now we have hope.

20. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

No, bad comparisons.

The Bucks and Hawks are ancient at some key positions and have no real futures. In the former case, they don't even have their younger talent locked into any deals yet. Probably has something to do with how Milwaukee has no basketball culture and becomes a joyless, icy tundra during all of basketball season.

When the Rockets are actually at the point where they're overpaying free agents to coax them to Houston, then it would be time to be concerned. But as of right now, they are a young, up and coming team with one of the trimmest, best production-per-dollar rosters out there.