1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. mirus

mirus Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2012/11/06/STHTipoffEventmp4-2283696

Thanks
    I skipped to scott's part(2:16)...his tone is light,and scott is smiling,not as bad as i thought tho....it's probably meant as a anecedote by Mchale himself....but yeah,shouldn't say it to public tho.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They just need to be played in a system that suits their strong points. They are not scrubs they are good players being coached bad. That's all this is.

3. cavevato

cavevato Member

Well, didn't Les decide not to retain Adelman because he refused to take on the Rocket's next coach from the RVG Vipers onto his coaching staff?
    That's why I just shook my head when the Rockets org were harping about wanting to win, instead of tanking a lock-out shortened season.

You dont get rid of an Elite coach and then expect me to buy that "wanting to win" ish, especially when you replace him with McHale, with his atrocious coaching record and all. So if they gonna fire him, well send out this D-league guy that you chose over Adelman.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

You know what, if we keep losing big, keep him on for this year. Getting a top pick next year with Harden locked up and a big free agent signing in the offseason + a new coach in the offseason will do wonders. Keeping my fingers crossed. McHale might be the worst coach the Rockets ever had!

5. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I don't understand how you can turn a great playmaker and unselfish team player in Harden into Carmelo Anthony, and try to turn a good penetrator and playmaker in Lin into Steve friggin' Novak.

Just let the guys handle it themselves like they did in the first two games.

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Mchale is trash. The more practice time the team gets the worse they play. I'm not a tanker, but I can't lie.....a small part of me is ok with losing as long as we lose a lot and our core players and rookies show promise.

Oh....and if it leads to that empty suit on the sideline being fired.

Garbage coach coaching garbage players = top lotto pick.

7. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

I still can't believe they fired Adelman for this bafoon:mad:. Can't we trade him for picks? He can go to China and coach McGrady. McFail and McLazy match made in Shaolin LoL

8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

The biggest problem is a lack of post scoring - everything relies on perimeter scoring and cuts. There's no Scola.

With that in mind, I don't understand why Donuts isn't getting minutes. Patterson, Asik, and Aldrich will never be post scorers. Watching them attempt to back down opponents is painful.

9. rednation98

rednation98 Member

what if they were talking about how young our team is? A New Age

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Then why is Parsons still there?

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I wonder what enlightening wise words from your knowledgable fountain of information you will bestow upon us with your second post...but the real question is will we have to wait another 3 years to find out?

12. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Is it time for the Kobe stare?

Is it time for the Kobe stare?

Let's have Harden do it since he is the alleged superstar....Then we can bring in MDA or JVG.

13. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

fire mchale

14. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

At least McHale did something right last night:

He took Douglas out of the rotation.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sigh - I left for a few days hoping that the irrational exuberance over the Rockets first two games would settle down, and I return to find a hysterical group of young girls running around screaming "The sky is falling". Basically the fan base on clutchfans is manic-depressive.

Most of you suffer these wild shift in moods because you do not have realistic expectations. I expected the Rockets to win 27 games this year a month ago. After the Harden trade I upped my win expectation (generously) to 34 games. Most of you could not dispassionately assess the Rockets if your lives depended on it.

The McHale reaction is another case of the fans here being "Chicken Little". There is no hope of getting a dispassionate discourse about McHale. Fire McHale. Fire Morey. Fire Les! Get your knee jerk reactions under control or go take a Xanax!

16. daernoth

daernoth Member

The team was developing chemistry during the preseason with a rotation that always included at least a couple of our rookies. Then the real season started and in the name of "its winning time" McHale changed the rotation and broke their chemistry.

All of our rookies are good ballhandlers and passers at their position. They may not be defensive juggernauts and sure they make mistakes here and there... just like our "vets".

Our "vets" Toney Douglas and MMorris are not good passers. On top of that MMorris got injured during the preseason(so he didnt build chemistry with the other guys) and is being played out of position

TJones outplayed most everybody else during the preseason and he got rewarded with bench time. Does that make any sense at all?

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Chris Finch time

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey is the one pulling all the strings here. If you payed attention, anything he says has happened."2 pf's is the new trend" Mchale plays a ****ing meltdown of scola and pat together. Now Morey says, "Parsons at pf would kill" guess who played pf last night. Like I said before, Mchale is a yes man. Some real **** right there.

19. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Parsons at PF actually makes some sense in certain situation, though.

Also, being a "yes man" doesn't have to be a bad thing. Rick Carlisle listens to Cuban and Roland Beech (Mavs stats guy) and their lineup suggestions.

I don't think Morey and the Rockets aren't doing anything different. They look at lineups that according to data might make sense and present it to McHale and McHale then decides whether or not he thinks it makes sense.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I've noticed a lack of coaching, purposely. We didn't lose game because of points but because we can't secure a rebound. How many times did Zbo get a tip with pat pat on him. So why would you put parsons or delfino on him??