1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Yep and I kind of have a feeling they are doing it because nothing will be resolved anytime soon. So the companies are just throwing money/discounts at their customers to keep them. They don't care if you can't watch the Rockets. They just want your money.

2. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Take this for what it is worth. I have a friend who works in the front office. (conveniently he has Comcast.) We were watching the game last night and we started talking about this situation. He said the FO is "cautiously optimistic" that this will be resolved for most by the middle of next week only causing a few home games to be missed. Again this could just be lip service but it is just something I heard. I will await the backlash of no link / people thinking I made this up. Good day Clutchfans.

3. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I believe you, but it doesn't make me feel better about the situation. Seems like nothing is imminent.

4. Convictedstupid

Could I use internet proxy's to watch the game on league pass BB? Doesn't that do something to your IP? I don't know how it works...

5. greenteaman

greenteaman Member

What exactly did you say to AT&T? Which # do i have to call to get this? Because when I spoke to the phone rep, all I got was some chastising about how it's not their fault and that it's CSN's/Rockets' own doing, etc...

6. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I did it yesterday for most of the game. Find a proxy and port...go to settings and change proxy/port to the one you've found. Then just go to lpbb and see if it works. If not, delete the proxy and find another one.

7. Convictedstupid

Google?

8. xtina

xtina New Member

I got the same speech from U-Verse. Basically saying they're stuck in the middle because of this deal between the Rockets & CSN Houston. I was able to get almost $40 off my monthly cell phone bill. When I think of all the money we've (us fans) have paid to help build Toyota Center, buy tickets to games, supporting the Rockets through thick and thin, this is how we're being treated. I've been a faithful fan for 30 years. Total slap in the face. And yet I begrudgingly got tickets for tonight. Damn, I'm a sucker.

9. GMNot

GMNot Member

(I just posted this in the "where to watch" thread, but decided to copy here to help keep the thread on the first page of threads.)

As of right now (5:48pm CST) I just got off the phone with a nice and competent DTV representative. In her research, tonight's game is on 2 LP channels, 759 and 760. 759 is listed as a "capacity casualty." She couldn't find out what that means, but it seems obvious that it will be blacked out on that channel due to the game not being sold out. I assume we DTV'ers will be blacked out on that LP channel. The other channel, 760, is show as "TBD." I suppose there is a slight bit of hope in that status, but if I had to bet, I'd bet it, too, will also be blacked out at game time. Call me cynical, but I haven't seen any benevolence on the part of any of the parties concerned in this debacle.

What should have been addressed and settled way before the season started is dragging on, with fans stress being used by which (?) side as leverage? It stinks. The Rockets home opener and all their fans across the country won't get to see James Harden debut at home.

Thanks, Rockets, Comcast (of which you, the Rockets, own in part), and DirecTV for keeping fans uppermost in your minds and negotiations. The customer is always right. Too bad you don't care about the customer.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hey where are you guys watching tonight?

11. RockNRandy

RockNRandy Member

I have dish network. I called them and talked to 3 reps and a supervisor. Nothing I can do.

Unless I add NBA League Pass for $189

Not happy, cause last year I watched all rocket games on FSN

I missed the first two games and will miss tonight's home opener.

12. ThatsMeJV

ThatsMeJV Member

Is there anyone that would be so wonderful to actually explain a bit of the process to go about getting a proxy and changing it so I can watch league pass online locally? Ive found proxy sites but don't really know where to start?

13. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

There should be an arbitration meeting like mlb has with its players. I know its businesses working deals, but when the public cannot even watch their hometown team play because they cannot agree on numbers is just ridiculous. A week or 2 before the preseason starts their needs to be an arbitration judge who hears both cases and rules what the final price is.

14. Convictedstupid

Just youtube 'how to use a proxy'. It'll be better explained.

15. junk151

junk151 Member

Download CCleaner and Hotspot Shield.
    Run CCleaner
    Run Hotspot Shield
    Open browser and open NBA LPBB
    Watch game
    Profit

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

why do i need CCleaner?

17. greenteaman

greenteaman Member

Can anyone attest to this working? I'm trying to do the same thing--I have AT&T U-Verse so I can't watch the game. Trying to bypass the black on NBA League Pass--does this "HotSpot Shield" really do the trick?

18. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Works flawlessly.

19. junk151

junk151 Member

I use it to clean Firefox's cache, history, cookies, etc. There's been a couple of times that LP won't work if I don't use it.

20. junk151

junk151 Member

It works :grin:

[​IMG]