1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowry-Dragic vs. Lin Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 1, 2012.

1. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

The word troll gets thrown around so freely around here lol. What part of what I stated offended you?

A. The part I said I think Lowry's better than Lin and I'd rather have him over Lin

B. The part where I simply pointed out how poorly Lin's played thus far

Secondly, we don't know how the Harden situation would've played out with Lowry here. That Toronto pick wasn't a deal breaker and I'm sure one of the so called "assets" Morey's piled up could've compensated for it. I didnt see anything beneficial in the Lin signing other than marketing

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

My prediction before the season was as follows:

1. Lowry would have the best season. He is really emerging as one of the better PGs in the league.

2. Lin would be 2nd best. But given his age (23) he also has the most upside.

3. Dragic would come down to earth. He really relies on his jumpshot more than the other guys, and I think his court vision and decison-making is the worst of the 3.

3. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I supposed you missed the news that Presti initially wanted Chandler Parsons and 1 other thing (forgot which) in the deal as well. Sure, you can wanted to have Lowry/Gogi combined with Harden, but suggesting it like it'd be some logical possibility isn't a real solid argument. I'd love to have Lebron James too, but I don't go slamming Chandler Parsons because of it. In fact, it'd be pretty unrealistic to go get him, regardless of how good those assets were.

4. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

You are similar to a troll, due to a lack of coherent thought. People have explained this ad nauseum. Without the Lin signing, you have 3 options at the PG spot; TD, Machado, and Livingston. Kyle and Goran were both gone. Lowry was already sent away to Toronto, for their protected 1st round pick, and Dragic said "cya." If you fail to see the logic, and continue to repeat the same things, you are no different than a troll. Lin or TD was the real choice, it wasn't about marketing (unless I hear it from Morey or ownership, I will believe it was about what he brings on the court, hearsay is nothing more than crap).

Did you watch the game last night, or just read the boxscore and check out some highlights. I saw the game last night, and plan and watching it again. Lin had a solid night, and his +/- of +23 (which really isn't the best metric for showing a players impact), shows that he played a vital role in the teams success.

If you continue to disregard all arguments against your point, and blindly repeat the same inaccurate information you've been spewing, you are merely a troll, without the intent of trolling.

5. Rfan

Rfan Member

I'm just stating the obvious which went right through your non-nerd head. You counted to 3, good job. Maybe if your posts were thoughtful and added to the discussion, you would actually be cooler than you think you are and move up to one green bar. Be cool, stay in school.

6. Gil

Gil Member

Morey hit the goldmine with Brooks, Lowry and Dragic. How about we give him the benefit of the doubt?

As long as the LOF's cool it down with the d riding & we're still getting W's, I'm willing to be patient.

7. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Alright tinman, way to keep everyone in line. SMFH

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Lowry = guaranteed lotto pick which was a big part of getting Harden here.
    #MoreyWins

Dragic = wanted a player option (basically we're treating a non-star like a superstar)
    #MoreyWins

Lin = Decent PG who will bring in the big bucks and might just be really good, if not, no problems since none of the 3 are stars anyway
    #MoreyWins

9. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

If we switch Harden to C.Lee, Lin would have probably scored his 20 pts game and got a lost too...but in Detroit.

10. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Rockets could not have traded for Harden without the Toronto top 3 pick protected 1st round pick.

So, I don't know why Lowry should be compared here. I'd venture to guess that most would think that: "HARDEN > Lamb, Martin, Lowry, Dallas pick, and a 2nd round pick"

I think that Dragic is a solid player, certainly a wold class athlete. But the Rockets saw similarities in Lin, to the point they went in Lin's direction.

11. marexx

marexx Member

You have no idea what you're talking about do you?

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

throw aaron brooks in here while we're at it :rolleyes:

13. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Dragic will show up on more highlight reels, but Lin will win more games.

14. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Nope, Lin will be plastered all over espn and there will be no mention of Dragic, just like last year.

15. Star

Star Member

Stupid thread.

Lin is a Somebody and already a winner, while nobody knows Dragic/Lowry outside their friends and family.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Lol, JCDenton's r****ded graphs are back!!

17. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I didn't see ny Lin coverage yesterday. I saw 'look at harden, oh there's Lin' coverage.

18. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

i rewatched last nights game and i have to say Lin's defense in the 4th on Knight was just a thing of beauty. he is the most underated defender in the league. and he took so much charges for a pg. these don't show up in stats but it's clear that he's all about winning. the w and +/- tells it all

19. torocan

torocan Member

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

The knicks fans still love jlin, just like rockets pine for dragic . Breakup pains.