1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your dream job and why?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by candycane, Jan 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

#1 Director (Television or Film) - I love the media of television and film. The combination of sight and sound that can really display your vision of a story is hard to match. Plays don't have the special effects and the written word is too much about the interpretation of the reader. Joss Wheadon is my inspiration here.

#2 p*rn Star - Have sex with beautiful women every day, and get paid to do it. This on is probably one of those jobs that looks more appealing than it really is.

#0 Ruler of the World - Everyone has to do what I say. How can that not be a dream job?

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Homer: Phew! I'm back. Aw, my loving family! Nothing's changed.

Ned: Heidely-ho, slaverinos!

Family: Okily dokily.

Homer: Hey, what the hell is that geek Flanders doing on TV?

Ned: Oh! I see by the Big Board we got a Negative Nellie in sector Two. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask the whole family to kind of freeze and prepare for Re-Neducation.

Bart: Don't you remember, Dad? Flanders is the unquestioned lord and master of the world.

Homer: D'oh!

3. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Host of a reality show that follows cops around.

The trick is, we interview and follow them with their guns, then without.

Maybe MrPaige can direct that one.

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Carmen Electra's pool boy.

5. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I think I would be a singer or a performer of some kind.

Prayers do come true.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A star basketball player in the NBA.

If not that, then a science fiction writer.

7. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Office Linabacker sounds like a cool occupation. :D

8. candycane

candycane Contributing Member

What do all of you think is the best job in sports these days. ESPN commentator, Head Coach of Rockets, Commissioner of NBA, etc. I would like to be the event manager at the Staples Center. I would be able to meet several athletes as well as entertainers. May not be the highest paid dream job, but maybe the most fun.

9. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I watched the 3.5 minute clip at reebok's site, damn that is funny. I also DL'd it to my computer.

"You kill the Joe, you make some mo'!" :D

My dream Job - anything to do with NBA or NFL. I don't care if I was Brian Urlacher or a water boy. Just going to every game and getting paid to participate in the games I love, that would be awesome.

Also a chemist that discovers the cure to cancer or AIDS. That would be amazing. I wouldn't mind being the President of the United States or just a really rich guy so I could never have to work. That would be my dream job, a rich bum. ;)

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

1) Film director - How many times have I told other people that I could do a better job than the Michael Bay's and Chris Columbus' of the world? Too many times to count. And I really do think I could. I feel like Brian Benben from Dream On pretty much every single day, where random movie quotes and scenes pop up in my head. There's always a movie playing in my mind. But... if I can't be a director, then I'd want to be a...

2) Film critic - No, not like RM95 (no offense). I'm talking my own show (a la Jay Sherman), national column, website, the works. I want movie studios and actors to fear me. I want millions of moviegoers to hang on my every single word. I wanna go to world movie premieres (and then attend the parties). I want to watch as the gospel I preach single-handedly makes or breaks a movie. "All shall love me and despair." Ahhhhh, the power of opinion... If that's not a possibility, well, I guess I could always work in...

3) Sports - Hey, I already work in sports, right? Well, yes, but I'd really like to have a high-level position with a professional sports team. I've already worked for the Dallas Cowboys, so I know how much fun it can be. Patrolling the sidelines during games. Attending practices. Joking with the players. It's a blast. So... because this is a dream job thread, I'll say that the position I most desire is GM (or yes, owner). Imagine messing around with RealGM.com... FOR REAL. Trade talk negotiations would be fun (and stressful). Also, if I was GM, I'd hire Hottoddie to be my assistant. The man is a Trade-O-Matic machine. :D But, if sports doesn't thrill me anymore, I'd really want to be a...

4) Sci-fi/fantasy author - All right. I'm not talking penning some crappy Star Wars novel. I have some original ideas I've been booting around my head for many, many months, and I'd love to put those thoughts down on paper. I believe myself to be a natural writer, so there'd be no problem with the actual writing. Hell, I'm the kind of person who routinely got "A's" on school/college papers (even when I wrote them a day before the deadline). One of these days, when I'm not working 10-12 hour work days (damn sports!), maybe I'll sit down at the computer and just write. If Crichton can rack up millions of dollars of sales with his crappy book, "Prey," why can't I? :D

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, cause I don't want that or anything.

12. AzN_HyPeRcHiCa

ever since a long while ago..i wanted to be a stockbroker. i still do btw...with all that excitment n pressure along with the stress...wow

13. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Since I was eight, I've wanted to draw comic books...

But if we're talking about dreams that are completely out of the realm of possibility, then I too would love to live a life like Arthur Bach's.

So, in rank of desirability:

1) Millionaire playboy- see Behad's first post.

2) NBA player- Get payed to PLAY A GAME. Heck, I could sit on the bench for one season and live respectably for a couple of decades on the league minimum.

3) Front man for mega-successful rock band- Girls, girls, girls...

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Definitely something to do with sports....being on Sportscenter would be cool. I think I could do better than some of those choads on there now.

However, talking in realistic terms, my dream job would be to get paid to listen to music CDs.

I guess that means being a writer for Rolling Stone or something or being a music critic.

I mean how cool would it be to listen to the whole "Cure" discography in one day?? (I have every one of their albums now except for the live albums, "Mixed Up" and the last cheesy "Greatest Hits"):)

15. Nomar

Nomar Member

Official women tester.

I can sleep with whoever I want, whenever, forever.

;)

That, or General Manager of the Boston Red Sox.

That, or owner of the Boston Red Sox.

16. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Review my CD. I'd love to hear your opinion.

17. dimsie

dimsie Member

a) I want to work for Rhino records compiling reissues and box sets, and write informative but perky liner notes for them all.

b) Failing that, I wish to be a historical continuity researcher for television, particularly costume dramas.

c) Actually possible: historical researcher for the ministry for culture and heritage (I actually got interviewed for this position last year but didn't get it, curses).

d) Total, *total* dream job: travel writer. God, I want to be a travel writer.

e) I would give all of these up to be a lady of leisure with oodles of money, however.

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Sorry to offend, but I meant right now. Of course you're aspring for greatness. Keep making those Top 100 lists (and spreading the good word about the website). You'll hit it big someday. Hey, it worked for Harry Knowles...

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ah, you didn't offend. :)

Actually, my dream job would be bus driver/personal assistant for Dave Matthews Band. For one, I'd get to see all their shows, hang out with five guys who seem to be pretty kick ass, and I'd get to drive around the country which I want to do.

20. candycane

candycane Contributing Member

You people have given some pretty interesting dream jobs. Which do you think is the best so far?