1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will make 3 cuts on Monday..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsmetalspd, Oct 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

Aldrich is third string at best right now. I saw him play in his rookie year in the d-league and again this year in preseason. The guy hasn't improved much.

2. marothisu

marothisu Member

You think they're going to waive their 16th pick? Get a grip. Machado, maybe. He was undrafted. White? Not a fat chance that will happen.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Noway Douglas is getting cut. Livingston has also shown enough to stay. It'll probaly be Greg Smith(shame though) and one out of Machado, Haywood and coock. most likely Machado because Livingston renders him useless.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I think the Harden trade shifts our mindset significantly. Now we are going from a "maximize young potential" angle to a "teach this team how to win ASAP" mode. In that regard it will help more to have Livingston than Machado. He doesn't restrict our cap flexibility at all next year, and if he turns out to be injured or a bust, then we simply swap him out at the trade deadline for a contending piece since he's an expiring contract.

5. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Forbes, Brockman, Johnson, Hayward and Cook should be the cuts IMO. We need the depth at C and G given we just traded two SG's.

I think Douglas and Livingston complement each other very well on the court. I think Machado is good insurance in case Lin gets injured or needs rest - Machado is a poor defender and scorer, but incredible passer it seems. I think Aldrich and Greg Smith can be very helpful backing up Asik. This means at F we have Patterson, Jones, Parsons and Delfino while Morris and White can provide insurance at both F spots.

7. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I think we'll keep:

Asik G.Smith
    Patterson Jones Motiejunas White
    Parsons Delfino Morris
    Harden Douglas Cook
    Lin Livingston

and either Aldrich or Machado.

Cook and Livingston will come in handy as trade fillers at the deadline. Both guys can play some, too. Livingston and Douglas complement each other quite well and if Douglas can play to the level he did his first two years in the league, you might be able to get a decent 2nd rounder for him down the road, perhaps a late 1st even, if some contender gets desperate.

I don't think Cole Aldrich is very good, but he is tall and even half decent bigs aren't easy to come by. He's also owed quite a bit more guaranteed money than Machado. That said, I certainly wouldn't keep him over Smith and let's not forget that we own the draft rights to Asik's little brother Furkan Aldemir who projects to be a center in the NBA as well.

Maybe Morey can work some magic and can find a taker for Aldrich or one of these other fringe guys before the roster deadline.

8. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

I SENSE ONE MORE TRADE

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

Wouldn't be surprised to see a trade or two for picks.

10. Jet036

Jet036 Member

Whose contracts are unguaranteed?

He's only 6'9 without shoes

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

You think the Rockets are going to waive the 16th overall pick...? Lol stick to your day job..

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Spot on. I think this is it, with White and Machado headed to the D-league.

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

I wouldn't be shocked to see White waived.

14. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

dude they traded Lamb who was #12 pick so your comment is wrong

15. Aruba77

They're not gonna waive any of this years' draft picks. That would be unintelligent and Morey's a smart guy.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

there is a huge difference between trading your mid first round pick for a player and flat-out releasing a mid first rounder.

In one scenario you get something of value back, in the other you don't.

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

My brain would explode if that happened...:rolleyes:

If Thabeet and Donte Greene can play in this league, so can White.

If Thabeet and Donte Greene can get you something of value, so could White.

18. dream1222

dream1222 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Good mornin tweeps. Thankin God for this mornin wake up call. Headed to the gym for the first day of practice with my new family. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23RedNation">#RedNation</a></p>&mdash; DaequanCook (@DC4Three) <a href="https://twitter.com/DC4Three/status/262902816580972545" data-datetime="2012-10-29T13:04:50+00:00">October 29, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I believe that Daequan stays as our back up SG...a lesser Lamb.

20. Aruba77

Thanks for posting dream! I'm shocked. No idea who will be chopped now.