1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I wonder how Jeremy Lin feels now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreHNIC, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I'm sure he's excited to have Harden but all this über humility talk is starting to make me wonder who the "J" on those WWJD bracelets really is.

2. yunac010

yunac010 Member

He probably feels relieved. Having Harden just takes so much pressure off him. And Lin never seemed like the type to enjoy being the face of the franchise. Even back when Linsanity was at its peak, he always gave credit to his teammates and said he shouldn't be given all the focus/hype.

1 person likes this.
  3. yuanbo

yuanbo Member

Lin thinks this thread is stupid

4. M4-Nightvision

James Harden wants to play along side Linsanity.:grin::grin::grin:

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Rockets fans hate Lin. It's all in the LOFs imagination.
    A Rocket fan wants the Rockets to do well and Lin is on the Rockets.

The LOF delusion of HOUSTON fans hating Lin is similar to how McGrady fans think at any point in his career that he could hold a candle to Kobe Bryant.

Jeremy Lin is not the best player on the Rockets now because Harden is proven battle tested in the playoffs.

6. LinMVP

LinMVP Member

Lin is still Lin. Harden will be what Fields was to Lin last year.

7. thisiscaketown

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Yes because every point guard in the NBA is unhappy when management gets one of the best perimeter players in the league to play alongside him.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin still has to prove himself this season.
    Fans are joyous that we got Harden is because Harden is proven. They are giving him the Max salary. Lin is not a Max salary player and everybody knows that.

He should be happy as a point guard to have someone to pass the ball to who can score.

No Rockets fans will boo Lin, I'm pretty sure of that.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

I think what the OP meant to say was "how do Jeremy Lin's FANS feel now that he's not the biggest name on the team?"

11. tinman

Supporting Member

It's more like James Harden wants to play where he can get the max salary.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

13. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

lol, ok this is racist but funny

14. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

2006 Cal-Hi Sports All-State Selections

As a 6-foot-2 point guard in high school, Lin never had the problem of being too short to play at the next level. After leading Palo Alto to its second state title, Lin may have been overlooked by major colleges, but not by Cal-Hi Sports and other major media outlets. He was just one of seven in the state to be considered as a finalist to be Mr. Basketball State Player of the Year. Lin also was named player of the year by the San Jose Mercury-News and San Francisco Chronicle.

Joining Lin as first team all-state picks were the other six Mr. Basketball finalists – senior Ryan Anderson from Oak Ridge of El Dorado Hills, junior James Harden of Artesia, junior Taylor King of Mater Dei, senior Chase Budinger from La Costa Canyon of Carlsbad, senior James Keefe from Santa Margarita of Rancho Santa Margarita and senior Tre’Von Willis from Washington of Easton – plus senior De’Shon Jackson of Clovis West, senior Adrian Oliver of Modesto Christian and senior Alex Stepheson from Harvard-Westlake of North Hollywood.

15. thisiscaketown

16. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Fair post. I do think some fans react negatively to Lin because they are worried he will fail or think he will, fairly or unfairly, subconsciously or consciously. One thing I'll stress again is that Lin's defense and team-play are severely underrated. Harden may be better than Lin on offense, but Lin's defense is stellar and getting better. I do think people ripping on Lin's defense have gotten into the heads of the casual basketball fans or those who don't watch the game closely.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

fixed it for you

18. thisiscaketown

I agree that there should be more excitement and joy about obtaining Harden, and I'm not disagreeing with that. Harden's a max player and is getting the max salary, and likewise, Lin isn't currently a max player (and may never be) and isn't getting the max salary. It's just surprising about how down posters are on Lin, that's all.

19. Grigori

Grigori Member

Lin now knows how Parsons feels:

"Wait, we finally get a foundational player? If Harden is a foundational player, then what am I, chopped liver?"

This is going to make Lin try harder.

20. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Stop Trolling. This is good for the Rockets.
    People are already calling this RUSH HOUR 4.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/jeremy-lin-10282012
    Jeremy lin quotes : well i wasn't that shocked cause like we heard about it.. possibly happening.... I was like... hoping that it will happen .... when I found out around last night , I was excited.