1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Harden will sign with the Rockets an extension around 60 plus million dollars...Per SAS

2. Grigori

Grigori Member

It depends on where Houston lands in the playoffs.

Houston's 2013 1st goes to Atlanta (top 14 protected through 2016, turns into unrpotected 2nd and cash in 2017); Houston's 2013 2nd goes to Atlana (top 40 protected through 2015, unprotected in 2016).

3. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

YUUUUP!

4. jocar

jocar Member

I'm so excited I got a Harden

5. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

Say NO to Bynum! Yes to Cousins.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

didn't cousins want to get traded last season or 2 seasons ago?

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yeah, but it has to be third Cousins, if it's second or first it's just wrong...

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I highly doubt Sacramento will let Cousins go. He is very young and talented center. Unless he flat out refuses to play, he won't be traded. They would rather trade Tyreke, instead of getting rid of Cousins

9. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Not the biggest Morey apologist here, but you sound like we gave up two top-5 picks and a superstar. The Dallas pick is top-20 protected, so it's a late first rounder. And Kevin Martin was shipped not as a proven scorer but as an expiring contract (which is the biggest value he held for the Rockets by now anyway). So from Houston's perspective it's really more like 1 lottery pick+1 late pick+Jeremy Lamb+en expiring contract, which is not too bad considering we received a young, former third overall pick who HAS lived up to the expectations (just to avoid any "Thabeet was a 2nd overall!" replies)

10. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Wait, the Rockets just acquired a 23-yr old wing player who is one of the most efficient at his position, a really good scorer, can create and make his own shots, is a good and effective playmaker for others in the half-court, all the while still a very good spot up shooter and from 3, is good in transition, adept at drawing fouls AND makes them at a high rate, and plays effective defense, AND (at 23) already has extensive playoff and Finals experience...........

and there are people who are complaining?!! :eek:

Don't listen to the PR spin out of OKC. The dude was a big-time player for them. Yes, it was a disappointing Finals, but watch any other game in last year's playoffs. He carried the Thunder at times and even in the 4th, as they gave him the ball to, not only bring it up the court, but to be a playmaker, scoring for himself or get others great looks.

Does he have more to prove? Yes, of course. HE'S ONLY 23 YRS. OLD. You can talk about Lamb or picks given up. I don't understand how anyone can choose between MAYBE getting a good draft pick, MAYBE having someone available who has elite talent and MAYBE have a young player progress to become that player.... or get a player who already HAS a proven track-record to be an All-Star caliber player or more.

And you tell me they STILL have the cap flexibility to add another great talent at some point AND still have their own pick to build with?

1 person likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The beard has landed. On way to Toyota Center to meet teammates and fans! <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#rednation">#rednation</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/262602121126498304" data-datetime="2012-10-28T17:09:59+00:00">October 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This is homerism at its best. Wow.

13. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

So if we make the playoffs we won't have a first rounder next year?

14. awarde2

awarde2 Member

My thoughts are that although Harden loved being in OKC, this is like a coming out on his own. I think that he has earned his reputation as n excellent bllplyer. I think if he stayed in OKC, he would have still been the 3rd wheel with Durant/West brook. I think he wanted the opportunity to shine on his own, and he can do that with the Houston Rockets. I think other teams would have paid the money for him, but he would have still been the 6th man off the bench. I think he and Lin will be good for each other.

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

After sleeping on it, I really like this trade.

Both teams come out ok here. I see why OKC would take a deal like this. This was the step WE had to take. How many more draft picks could we add?

17. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I love this trade, but what do you guys think about Harden's productivity when defenses key in on him because they don't have a KD or Westbrook to worry about?

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We gave up a lot, but Harden is an elite 23 year old shooting guard. Tough to give up the Toronto pick in addition to everything else, but it wasn't gonna be a top 5 pick anyway and we have enough "projects" on this team already. Lin\Harden will be fun to watch for years. Any SG who shoots almost 50% from the field and 40% from 3point land is a very special player. Congrats to Morey for pulling off the big trade we've been waiting for. Can't wait to add another elite talent and start contending.

19. torocan

torocan Member

Harden isn't overpaid at $15M. Lebron is massively underpaid...

20. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Yeah. And at one point he wanted to go to Houston. I think we need a Center who we can slide down to the PF like Cousins or Al Jefferson or even Bynum if he is willing. I like Asik at Center and I don't wanna move him into the bench rotation.

1 person likes this.