1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one who's sad to see Lamb go?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Oct 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Lamb showed potential in the summer league, though many Nobodies have done the same as well. In the preseason he's done little to prove he deserves minutes in this league. Will he develop into something great? That's an unknown.

What we do know is that Harden is one of the top SG in the league. He put some crazy efficient stats up that scream he's something more than a "6th man". Will he develop into a superstar? That's an unknown as well.

Both teams have taken some risks, that's what happens in most trades. The best player in this trade is on the Rockets. To me, that's all that matters. How often do teams trade potential superstars to non-mega market clubs? I know the Lakers got Dwight and Gasol for essentially nothing, but that is rare, plus its the flippin Lakers. In reality you have to give something to get something.

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I feel for Jeremy Lamb having to pack up and move so suddenly after just starting to settle down.

But from a talent standpoint, this is a BIG win for Houston. People are undervaluing Harden just because he played a sixth man role for OKC. This guy is an incredible player -- a very rare type of player. There are very few players who are capable of taking over a game the way Harden can -- players you can just feed the ball and watch them make magic happen. There are many scorers. There are many passers. There are many good defenders. There are many spot up shooters. There are many pick and roll players. There are many good defenders.

But to find a player that is ALL of these in one, and good at everything -- that's hard. This is a game changer for Houston. They just became a playoff team.

To understand what I mean -- compare Harden to the other guys on his team. Yes he was the sixth man, and yes, Durant is perhaps the most gifted scorer in the league and Russell Westbrook has otherworldly athleticism for a point guard. But -- get this: neither of those two players are as well-rounded (or "complete") as Harden is. Don't get me wrong -- I think they are more talented overall, but their game is not as well-rounded. That's why in clutch situations in the playoffs the Thunder tended to defer to Harden in the pick and roll.

This is big.

3. sonnyiztheone

sonnyiztheone Member

Lamb is good, but Harden is better hahaha

4. redlawn

redlawn Member

Yah, me. He's a good kid. Wish him the best in OKC.

5. gah

gah Member

About his defensive ability, you might want to tone it down. He has the tools to be better but he was average last year, turning to mediocre in the playoffs at some stretches. At least, he's an instant upgrade over Martin.

Since this thread is about Lamb, I think one area he's going to develop much more in OKC than he would have here is defense. As a Rocket his mentality was: If I play OK defense, coach is going to let get my points. In a championship contender, as a Thunder, he will have to spend most of his energy on defense if he gets into the rotation, and that's the only area where I see him having more potential than Harden.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he gets to learn under Kevin Durant and coached by Rocket hero Scott Brooks.

don't feel bad for him, his NBA career will be good.

7. torocan

torocan Member

While it's always sad to let go a prospect with talent like Lamb, if you can get an All star level talent, especialy one who is 23 with UPSIDE, you gotta do it.

Lin + Asik were the foundations that helped bring Harden.

Harden is the All Star player that will help draw the final Piece... a TRUE elite max contract player to be a potential contender.

This year will be good, the coming years should be even Better.

8. adamzee

adamzee Member

big lamb fan here, but you always trade potential for proven players.

9. chonox

chonox Member

Shane Battier PROVEN PLAYER

Rudy Gay UNPROVEN ROOKIE

We played it safe then too.... I like this trade but if we end up in a similar situation I'll be very disappointed. Glad DM is shaking things up a bit though I'm a big fan of Harden.

10. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

You guys seem to forget we weren't going to keep Martin anyways, we were bound to trade him. Who else was going to be available?

Everywhere I read it says the Thunder traded Harden because he couldn't agree to the pay cut of 8 million over 4 years, reports were saying he was offered 52 million for 4 years instead of the max of 60 million. I really hope Harden resigns with the Rockets. And I'd trade Lamb for Harden no questions asked.

Sure the price was steep with all the draft picks too but really? Harden's ceiling is still higher than Lamb's at this point.

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Good comparison.

Battier to Harden. Good comparison.

Battier to Harden.

Wtf, are you talking about, actually?

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm pretty sad to see Lamb go. He's the one player I was looking forward to see grow as a Rocket. I think The Oklahomanians just got stronger.

Let's hope Harden doesn't get any serious injuries in his Rockets career.

13. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

He had a rough preseason, but I was looking forward to seeing him develop.

If only there was a way for me to continue to follow him, like maybe if there was a global system of interconnected computer networks that connects computers around the world, or something. If only. Oh well. :(

14. chonox

chonox Member

What I'm talking about is Rockets management have in the past been stung by trading their 'potential star' rookie for a proven player, was it really that hard to decipher?

The chances are unlikely but it is something to consider that is all.

Is copy and paste cool now or am I missing something? Sorry to have rustled your jimmies kiddo.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lamb bout to show the world he's on Rudy Gay's level?

16. Playaz

Playaz Member

Way too raw and we got too many young players. No big deal cause he would of got garbage time in there or sent to d-league.

17. nbafever

nbafever Member

I liked his play in the summer league, but watching him during preseason was like -- where did he disappear to? He's not ready yet. Maybe at OKC, he can learn from his veteran teammates.

18. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

Nope, not at all. Harden is a true All Star caliber player RIGHT NOW at only 23. Lin and Harden are going to be really really exciting to watch this season ad many more to come. If y'all can't see that, then y'all need some help.

19. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Lamb is a good kid but ... no, he is no T-mac or Reggie or Hamilton or who-so-ever! He will be luck to make the 1st team of any NBA bb team in 2 yrs.

20. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie