1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rant-Advice] I can't focus on work!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by x3ldonx, Oct 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

I always thought it was normal to get side tracked at work, but lately I have noticed that I spend A LOT of my time, checking my phone, getting on the BBS, Social Media, personal email etc. I would say 80% of my time goes to these things and 20% to work.

There are times when I tell myself that I will start working, and when I do... there is a pause in what I am doing, and I decide to check something online, and well, you know how it ends.

Do you guys have this issue? I am tired of this crap, I need to get focused!!!!!!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Do your prefer a crotch in your face or a rear-end?

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Clutchfans and FaceBook are a lot more fun. Admit it.

You want to see what your aunt whom you've never met, from Wisconsin mind you, is doing RIGHT NOW. :eek:

Also, you'd be more interested to see what new Disney teenager Kam is into right now... wouldn't you? :grin:

Just use your WILL. Use the force, Luke. OR, learn how to type faster and minimize your screen quickly.

4. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Adderall brah.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Imagine how hard it would be if you were a female school teacher.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:grin:

7. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

Damn you guys! You're making it more difficult to work!

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=227499

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

tl:dr

10. Prince

Prince Member

11. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Will you make more money by focusing on work? Will browsing the internet get you fired?

If your answer to both of these questions is 'no,' then **** it.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm at work and should be working right now.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You need to come in on a weekend or evening and type to do lists for your day, week, and month. You could probably also make the most of your Outlook Calendar and set up a bunch of daily recurring appointments with notifications at 0 minutes.

You could also just poke around your company intranet and Sharepoint sites to see if there's anything interesting about the company or other departments.

Maybe get a digital subscription to the Journal or Economist so you're at least keeping informed. Or even better, take some online classes at the local uni or cc and do the homework while you're there. My second to last job at my first company was basically end-user testing on our logistics software, I was also taking some math and progamming classes and with an open-ended schedule and a reputation for coming in weekends, holidays and evenings I was able to sneak in some assignments during the regular workday.

Lastly, if you can surf the BBS and get away with it, you might as well hit up Linkedin's career section or something.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

:eek:

One of those guys, eh?

80/20 is a good balance if you get your work done. Depending on how busy I am at work, I can either be on for 90% of the day or not at all. Just gotta get mah shet done.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

16. BenVR4

BenVR4 Member

In before the "i lost my job due to facebook" thread. There comes a time in life after college that you realize is time to get your act together and become a asset to society and put in work. Perhaps find a place of employment were you might be happy and productive.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

Just think about it like this OP. All of the other ballers and go getters out there thank you for goofing off on the internet and reading about meaningless sports as they are busy making money, getting promotions, hustling, and getting beautiful women. I'm sure your facebooking and cf.net is adding a lot of $$$ to your life. If it don't make DOLLARS, IT DON'T MAKE SENSE!

18. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Your job sucks.

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

As long as you do your job, and your boss doesnt mind how much time do you take doing your job I think you are ok.

example:

If your job is from 9-5, and your boss says I want this by the end of the day, and you start working at 4 and you finished your job, its ok, you still only did 20% of work and 80% to other things.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I say go to the best ass/rack thread, rub one (or two) out. Get it over with and then you'll be able to fully concentrate on your work.