1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There's a Flea in Royce White's Locker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rtsy, Oct 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. alethios

alethios Member

Yeah, he and Anthony are kinda fans - http://www.nba.com/features/lakers_celebs_070309.html

Fear rocked hard. John Belushi was a big fan of theirs. I remember seeing them on SNL in '81, but they pissed off Lorne Michaels something fierce or probably made him piss himself, one or the other.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I should have remembered that.

maybe I don't want to know this, because I don't want any of my favorite bass players (my favorite instrument) to be Laker's fans. I claim ignorance based on I usually space out when they show celebs at Laker's games. I guess I'm going to have to allow this.

Now I wonder if he likes bball more than rugby.

btw: for you kids out there, the Windsor Plaza show in ~1987 was during the "Sock" tour. Anyone get that reference?

#22 heypartner, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  3. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

I don't like the Lakers anymore, not since 1991. I didn't feel a thing when Kobe and Shaq won their title, just ain't there anymore, anything I see about the Lakers disgust me.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Flea in all his glory (nsfw).

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fq8dY8Bec2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This pretty much sums up Flea.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UJF7Lnmn3yw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#24 v3.0, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

He actually even used to write a column for NBA.com and I remember him being a typical douchey Lakers fan, talking about Andrew Bynum like he was the new Shaq in... 2007. Or maybe it's just that anything a Lakers fan says will sound douchey to me.

Anyway, he's the reason why I started playing bass, so I had to ignore it too. He does have a much better taste in soccer teams though ;)
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PW5x80gsmjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Loved that song, one of my favorites during the 90's. Thanks for reminding me.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Flea is a rock legend, but I don't like him brazenly wearing Lakers gear in the Rockets' lockerroom. It's like wearing a confederate flag to the Apollo. It just ain't right.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah back then there were a few rockers who named themselves after insects. Anybody remember Adam Ant?

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

LOL I also have to confess that I was a Lakers fan after watching my very first NBA game as a kid; Wilt, West, Gooddrich, Happy, Elgin Baylor of the early 70's Lakers. Magic era was the most joyful time for Lakers fans. Back then everybody supported Lakers in LA! But after Magic retired, most of my Lakers fandom died with him. That was...........1991! So it struck a chord when you mentioned you lost interest in Lakers in 1991.

10. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

OMG! This bring back a lot of memory!
    My favorite celebrity Lakers fan, the King and Queen of Lakers Fan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Yup, those are just memories now, I still have MJ on my FB tho, lol. I guess I was more of a Johnson fan than the Lakers. Back then I was kinda mad when he said he had alot of you-know-what with f-males.

12. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Mine too!! Jack is so much cooler then fake wanna be Spike.

13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Flea is the ****.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

D&D Material:

I'm 27 and I did kinda sorta grow up with RHCP, albeit as a retrospective for the good stuff and on the back end of all the rock and grunge which died around '94-'95 when Soundgarden broke up. More power to those bands if they realize that they can reunite and sell out stadiums full of fans who are 50 (50 YEARS OLD!) and have more cash to shell out for it.

But among my friends, it's pretty much taboo to discuss anything RHCP-related with the exception of One Hot Minute. Pretty much everything else, even the early stuff, has been unable to escape the inevitable decay of time. And don't even mention the past decade plus of that band, which has been nothing short of Sunny 99.1 fare.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Great, Royce is turning teammates like Parsons onto white people music.

16. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Pretty vintage shirt that Flea is wearing. I own the Rockets version. It's hanging up on my wall

[​IMG]

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Flea is a huge basketball fan, and the dude can ball.

Back in the day when MTV was still good, they had this celebrity basketball game to raise awareness for AIDs or whatever, Flea shot lights out and won the games co-MVP.

18. marothisu

marothisu Member

19. marothisu

marothisu Member

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I was thinking he must be 20 to not know that.