1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 10/15/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 14, 2012.

1. racetrack

racetrack Member

it's typo, sorry. i cannot edit post. :grin:
    and no, i do not know why he struggles, and it doesn't matter a zilt. it's only preseason. cannot understand why some people are so freaking out on a couple of bad preseason games.

2. Bohdi

Bohdi Member

He's recovering from a broken wrist. That's a big time injury for a pg its going to take time to get his touch back.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks, but .

1. This is Lin now with the Rockets not the Knicks
    2. It's a pre season game
    3. It's a pre season game
    4. It's a pre season game
    5. Go find some Lin highlights with the Rockets, at some point the Rockets fans will get sick of seeing Knicks highlights.

4. Bohdi

Bohdi Member

Sorry just to clarify not wrist it a bone in his right hand.

5. racetrack

racetrack Member

Thank you for the info. The point is though, this is only preseason. Lin is also coming back from his knee injury, and it takes time to get into NBA shape when you've been off the court for so long. In addition, this is a whole new team, and he needs time to get familiar with his teammates and build chemistry. I just think it's ridiculous that some people are so bent out of shape on one bad preseason game.

6. Bohdi

Bohdi Member

Yes premature...or imature which ever you like :rolleyes:

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We must defeat Dallas. I don't care if it's preseason. Dallas sucks and deserves to be beaten like a red-headed stepchild, again and again. Why? Because they are Dallas, that's why.

Go Rockets!!

1 person likes this.
  8. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey
    @AsikOmer getting a much deserved day off tonight - he is leading all players in rebounding for the preseason

Asik not playing. I think he deserves the rest. So Smith starting perhaps?

9. luden

luden Member

Per Morey, Omer not playing tonight, he's resting.

10. luden

luden Member

Oops, you beat me to it.

11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I think that's great. We get to see how we adapt to not having Omer and the Turkish Hammer gets some much-needed rest for busting his nuts.

12. Grigori

Grigori Member

Maybe if Bull started calling him O-Mo' he would get the point.

13. shoops

shoops Member

Glad Asik's getting some rest, he's been giving a lot of effort and looks a bit gassed at times.

14. kumakun

kumakun Member

all the true Lin fans will tell you Jeremy Lin doesn't going into Linsanity until the 2nd half and his stats for the 4th quarter are 10X better than the 1st half for some reason. It must be the adrenaline or something, but if you just watch Lin normally he's really not that "unique". I wouldn't start saying crap about Lin until he starts a real game and plays in the 4th quarter causing them to lose, kind of like Carmelo in the 4th where he ball hogs and the Knicks lose.

15. marothisu

marothisu Member

Looks like White might be playing tonight? This is from the Associate Head Coach at Iowa State, tweeted about 35 minutes ago:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Best of luck to @<a href="https://twitter.com/highway_30">highway_30</a> as he takes the floor in his first NBA Pre-season game tonight for the Houston Rockets! <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23CyclONEnation">#CyclONEnation</a></p>&mdash; T.J. Otzelberger (@coachotz) <a href="https://twitter.com/coachotz/status/257973849927340032" data-datetime="2012-10-15T22:38:53+00:00">October 15, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Let's just wait to see how he plays this year. Last year is over. People need to move on. I know Lin will do whatever it takes to win when it counts, but things are different now with a new team, coach, system, etc.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lins not playing tonight

18. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I guess the jokes on the Mavs.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yes we may get a glimpse of White! Stocked.

20. marothisu

marothisu Member

That's according to that coach (ISU). Although this is what Matt Miller of NBA.com wrote

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Marcus Morris (ankle) won't play tonight. Royce White continues to be out unless the team is trying to pull the rug out from under us ...</p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@MattMiller713) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattMiller713/status/257983433375109120" data-datetime="2012-10-15T23:16:58+00:00">October 15, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So who knows, but I doubt the coach at ISU would know this unless White told him, or McHale told Fred Hoiberg that White would be playing tonight.