1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/14/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Lin doesn't play for God so he'll win every game.

"Over the years I’ve learned that just because you follow God, it doesn’t mean you win every game or get what you want athletically. There is a godly way to play basketball and that’s what you’re responsible for doing. If you happen to get a championship, great, but if not, there is a lesson to be learned." ~ Lin

But if God says it was cool, it's cool :cool: Just don't want people to mix up Lin with Tebow:

http://approachingdamascus.com/2012/01/12/if-i-wer-tim-tebows-pastor/

2. radd

radd Member

Lin played terribad, he's never going to be anything in this league. seriously look at the stat line:

1/5 shooting, 3 TO with only 1 assist.

o wait, that was tony parker's line tonight...

good players have bad games. there was a lot wrong with the play tonight, some of it was lin not hitting open shots but there was a lot of other f ups. we (the rockets, not lin) got exposed today against a great team. the rockets are still far away from that right now.

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

Has Lin even hit a jumper yet? Lin you are letting me down.

4. luden

luden Member

Why is this forum so much more hateful (calling for other PGs to start, overhyped, terrible pg) towards Lin than the other forums I go to? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

5. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

man don't worry about this

last season was the same thing with the Goran and Dragic

have told me this is the Rocket history

always bashing their PGs...

6. SeabrookMiglla

here is my take:

but first i would like to start with lin since he has the spotlight: today he had a poor performance, not horrible but worse than his two previous games which were OK. something to point out- remember last season when lin was playing in the pre season against the spurs? what happened? he single handedly almost won us the game in less than ten minutes when he were down and out. so what changed between now and then? is it injury? poor supporting rookie cast? falling back down to earth from linsanity? we will see, but i have a feeling recovery is his biggest issue right now.i saw some things that i liked about lin, he is still a good pg. hopefully it works out...

the team looks like a bunch of rookies out there, saw some potential chemistry going on there but it will take time for the team to mesh. our pnr was horrible, lack of effort it seemed to me. in general the team looked like they were lost against a well coached/ veteran spurs team. honestly it is still too early to tell what this team can do and furthermore what our coaching staff is capable of doing with an almost ENTIRE new roster. my take, not making the playoffs and will probably just miss the playoffs again.

i think in general our players are settling in and need to find a rythym. time will tell with this new roster and it is too up in the air to make any sound judgments at all.

of our new players im really keeping an eye on dmo, smith and asik.

7. radd

radd Member

Lin played terribad, he's never going to be anything in this league. seriously look at the stat line:

1/5 shooting, 3 TO with only 1 assist.

o wait, that was tony parker's line tonight...

good players have bad games. there was a lot wrong with the play tonight, some of it was lin not hitting open shots but there was a lot of other f ups. we (the rockets, not lin) got exposed today against a great team. the rockets are still far away from that right now.

1 person likes this.
  8. allaroundplayer

Lin is having a hard time even getting a good shot, let alone make one.

9. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I agree.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

knew we overpaid for lin

11. luden

luden Member

I have a serious question. I know Mchale said that Lin's the "QB" and the qb's always involved but there were quite a few times where I saw Lin bring the ball up to the 3 pt line, pass it off and then just sit in the corner. There were also times where other guys brought up the ball or completely looked Lin off (Lamb, TJones) and did their own thing.

Is this our offense or am I missing something? Please educate me.

12. candyman285

candyman285 Member

Lin is still learning the game and getting over his injury, maybe by mid-season he'll be efficient at best(never cared for the signing). But on the bright side Asik looks good out there...he shows allot of potential.

13. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

He made two 3s (one in OKC game and one in Hornets game), but it didn't count. LOL.

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Expect more of this in season. Against elite teams we will look awful. Against lower tier teams we will be competitive or win. By some of the comments on this thread there will definitely be a lot of drama.

15. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Lin did not look confident on the court like last season. Wonder if it's the knee that got in his head or something else, weird to see he played this bad.

Plus, he didn't appear comfortable talking to the press after the game, very unusual. Last year even after that bad game against Heat, he looked comfortable answering reporters' questions.

Something must be wrong. Honestly I'm a little worried.

16. nono

nono Member

Lin's play right now is not suggesting anything worth a contract of $25m. Three games and he hasn't hit one jumper. Our movement is so bad too. Just terrible all around, apart from Asik.

17. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

You probably answered your own question. Lin is known to be a 4th qtr scorer. In all 3 pre-season games, he never played the last quarter not that its an excuse.

Jeremy...get on that phone with your shooting coach.

18. Sen89

Sen89 Member

This board hates on Machado more than he deserves. Guy needs work on the defensive end, but he has the natural PG instincts which no other player on this team has.

And on a team that'll likely play a bunch of young guys, a passer like him is quite valuable.

19. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

If you're real pissed, you don't want to talk to the press too. This is why some players just skip press conferences and get fined later about it. But I suspect Lin is going through a cold shooting streak buoyed by his lack of practice over the summer.

Couple his inability to shoot with is inability to drive - half Spurs defense and half the limitations of his injury - and Lin feels awkward everywhere on the floor, no matter what he's doing.

That's what it looks like from my observations. The Spurs really did a great job defending the Rockets and ruffling Lin's feathers. Some of his less-than-smart shot attempts seemed to be born out of frustration.

20. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

C is weaker, no back-up.