1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

His pizza face?

2. MONON

MONON Member

I see a life of "rookie" status in your future.:grin:

3. MONON

MONON Member

I'm 100 miles sw of Austin & DirecTV lists the Rockets/Mavs game Monday @ 7:30 on FSSW channel 676.

4. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

That's wack. I have uverse. I know some websites that you can stream nba games on. If anyone is interested PM me.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Firstrowsports always has them.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

The stream for the first game was pretty decent. The one for the game last night was kind of crappy, I couldn't watch it.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

And you have to navigate the "traps." If you click the wrong button you get a MacKeeper program which is like a virus. Plus, as you say, quality is usually poor.

8. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

yeah the quality is poor, but it is better than nothing right? I'd rather have crap quality blur crap with audio than not seeing or hearing it at all. Not going to switch to comcast since I love dish and just signed with a contract. There are hundreds of thousands of fans with no choice. Stream crap and just be happy you have audio or read the boxscore on espn later..

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Streams have been so bad that I sometimes couldn't tell who was black white or Asian, much less read jersey numbers.

But I agree something is better than nothing!

10. rooneeh

rooneeh New Member

Did your NBATV rebroadcast the game at noon?A friend of mine who currently lives in Angola in Africa watched the game on NBATV. I know it's not live, but Angola! Seriously!

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I'm not sure that's the case with Directv. I think with them, it all boils down to subscribers actually viewing the channel in question. I remember their dropping G4 for just this very reason. I can see some of the Comcast RSNs in the low 600s but nowhere as many as with Fox Sports. And those are basically in the East. I honestly don't expect to see the Rockets on Directv before next year.

12. HillBoy

Right, that's because they are playing the Mavericks who are still being telecast on FSSW. It will be the Maverick's TV broadcast team of Mark Followill & Brad Davis calling the game.

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Can't watch the game even though its on NBATV...What kind of bs is this?

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Comcast and the rockets can f$&k themselves. I can't watch the rockets on directv and my Comcast Internet has been out since Friday so I can't watch it online either. I haven't missed a preseason game for as long as I can remember. What a complete f you to the fans.

I guess if my iPhone had flash I could watch it on this. Lol.

15. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Seriously. Im livid right now. I bet all of the execs in charge of this mess are laughing about it.

16. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Well, time to listen to Craig call the game on my radio. Doing it old fashioned way

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Tried to watch the game on NBA TV and it didn't work (some of you are having the same problem I see).

I just had a bad thought. Am I even going to be able to watch them on League Pass? I couldn't get Rockets games on League Pass before because I live in a Houston "local" area.... but at least then I could get them on tv.

Now I won't be able to get them on either?

If that's the case then words can't even describe how pissed I'm going to be.

18. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I have it on, but I am in New York. I believe if you live in Rockets territory, than it is blacked out, since it's being broadcasted on CSN Houston. These Blackout rules are a bunch of bs, I am sick of them in every sport. No reason why you cant get your team on LP if you live in area, stupid money hungry channels wanting ratings on there networks.

But was weird, because I had the Knicks game on NBA LP on TV last night, both Boston and NY feeds were open, they even had the games mixed up, was suppose to be another game, but it was NY/BOS instead. Not sure who's fault it was, DirecTV or the NBA.

19. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

20. HillBoy

I'm trying to figure this out myself. $180 is an awful lot to ask for if they are going to black out the games anyway.