1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast SportsNet Houston -- Current Providers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Who do you blame for the unavailability of Rockets games/CSN Houston?

1. Mostly CSN Houston (Partially owned by the Rockets)

555 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. The TV Providers (Direct TV, AT&T, etc.)

114 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Both Sides Equally

337 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Screw Comcast

They can keep their channel for all I care. I will never go back to their *****ty service. I'd much rather watch it online than give my money to those clowns.

1 person likes this.
  2. joesr

joesr Member

Can anyone recommend any places in the Bellaire area that shows preseason games?

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Are the Rockets just going to write off their thousands of fans in Eastern Texas? We have no options; no provider in the area is carrying the Rockets including Dish, Direct TV, sudden link, or consolidated. Nobody.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

FSHouston had a pretty wide coverage area. CSN Houston is currently pretty much restricted to Comcast customers in Houston, Brazoria County, and a few towns in Louisiana and Arkansas. They surely can't continue to take a hit like that.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Dear Suddenlink,

I'm sure Comcast is trying to charge you a ridiculous amount of money for CSN Houston. That's too bad. Unfortunately, I will use the system that will offer me Rockets games. That's the only reason I have cable in the first place. I suggest you resolve this situation and make the necessary compromises as soon as possible.

sincerely,
    the thadeus.

Dear Comcast,

I'm sure you're charging cable providers a ridiculous amount of money to carry CSN Houston. That's too bad. Unfortunately, you will not receive a penny in advertising revenue from my eyeballs as I will be stealing the game streams via the internet if I can't watch the games on my TV. I suggest you resolve this situation and make the necessary compromises as soon as possible.

sincerely,
    the thadeus.

Dear Rockets Media Team,

**** you for making me deal with so much **** just to be a fan of this team. It's not like we're winning a championship anytime soon ... so why make it even more frustrating?

sincerely,
    the thadeus.

3 people like this.
  6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Hell YES

[​IMG]

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, yes, I am not going to switch my TV provider again because of the rockets. I just switched to DirectTV two years ago for watching the rocket games, now they keep switching the provider without a early notice for the rocket fans (at least for me). I am keeping to get email for purchase the tickets, but not for TV provider switch at all. We all know it is all about business, but if you do not need my support, it is fine for me. I know Longhorn network prevent me to watch me to watch the longhorn game because of their business purpose, so be it.

8. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

The Texans are winning, more people will watch them. The Rockets will lose more fans if they dont resolve this mess.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

You forgot the PS in all of those:

PS- I had sex with all your women last night
    Sincerely,
    the thadeus

3 people like this.
  10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, golly gee, why don't you just email whatever provider you use and tell them to add CSN. I'm sure that will solve the problem.

Sincerely,

The Houston Rockets

P.S. Would you be interested in purchasing a season ticket package?

11. solid

Already done, and I will be glad to purchase a season ticket package if you will provide me with seasonal housing.

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Same thing in central Tx ...no options at all.I'm guessing at this point a major percentage of fan's are in the same boat.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Clutch's OP mentions CSN is on Consolidated.

14. Sandi

Sandi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In Austin, the Rockets/Spurs preseason game will be shown on NBA TV this Sunday....live @ 1pm

15. bubbamerle

bubbamerle Member

UVerse How?

I'm a UVerse customer but am not privy to an alternative means....how does one learn about it?

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Star of Hope Mission is just a 5 minute walk from Toyata Center:grin:

17. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

It already blew up in the Astros face as far I'm concerned. We basically ceded the rest of Texas towards the Rangers thanks to FSN.

18. GMNot

GMNot Member

So part of this comes down to who sells and gets revenues from advertising on DirecTV. If DirecTV gets the lion's share (or all) revenue from non-local advertising during the broadcasts, then one could see where negotiations might get hung up. And what percentage goes to Comcast vs. the Rockets, if any. Also, wider coverage doesn't benefit local advertising. Advertising revenue is the bottom line for these broadcasts. If we knew who the prime sponsors would be (or have been in the past) for Rockets games, that would be another place to voice one's opinion.

19. solid

Not in my area, I called them today.

20. tomato

tomato Member

I have Comcast like normal people. It feels so good to catch a game, go out for a bit with your girl, then come back and see some of CSN's re-airing!