1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sampson might get some playing time

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HotRocket, Jan 24, 2003.

1. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

As most know, Sampson is the cousin of former Rocket Ralph Sampson. I didn't like his choice to leave college so early, but I still hope he can find his niche and begin playing.

Bucks finally get to see Sampson
    Added: 24th January, 2003 7:18 AM ET

Seven years patience finally paid off for the Milwaukee Bucks this past draft when they traded the rights to former University of Wisconsin center Rashard Griffith along to the Orlando Magic for Jamal Sampson in return. Milwaukee had waited seven years for Griffith to arrive in town, but the center instead decided to take his game to Europe.

In a deal which Bucks GM Ernie Grunfield reports was completed within minutes Griffith became the property of the Magic while the Bucks received the 19 year old 6-11 Sampson, and they immediately get to see what they got.

With center Joel Przybilla placed on the injured list with foot problems, Sampson finally was promoted onto the active roster and now patiently waits for his opportunity.

"It was fun," the 19-year-old Sampson said about being part of the active roster. "Getting out there for the first time was exciting."

"Everybody wants to play," he said. "But I realize I have a lot of time. I'm young and this gives me a chance to see what I can do."