1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Packers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 9, 2012.

1. plee

plee Member

Actually, I think it's the opposite...we will be vulnerable on the pass because if James is going to replace Cush, he is not quick enough to cover which is why he not in passing situations.

2. NOLArocket

NOLArocket Member

Anyone hear Owen Daniels on 790 this morning? Said the offense was a little frustrated after stalling out so many drives. Good stuff LINK

3. MystikArkitect

Mark Sanchez - 9 Sacks on the Year

Aaron Rodgers - 21 Sacks on the Year

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm not worried about the Packers. that's how much confidence i have in this team. Texans by 9. the real test will be Baltimore.

5. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

might as well add the 3 that Watt will have on him this weekend!

6. conquistador#11

green bay: you got guns, kubiak got guns, we all got guns.
    sorry, been catching up with boardwalk empire.
    I think this one will be a shoot out. Texans 34 Packers 24.
    Contrary to popular belief, it's not just #8 that can't make a pass when he is laid out flat.. Rodgers will be watted multiple times.

Watt reaches 10 sacks
    Schaubie goes for 300, 3tds 1 int
    Foster goes over the century mark.

I can't wait!

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Andre's comeback game.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It was on HD on regular TV (Ch. 11), SeƱor ROXRAN. You didn't know? :confused:

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Green Bay is second worst in the league in sacks allowed
    :grin::grin:

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

I just realized something. With Packers coming to town, that means DOM CAPERS is returning to Reliant Stadium. Awkward. :grin:

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

He's been back here before since he left - with the Dolphins.

1 person likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Barwin, here's your chance!!!! :cool:

14. plates300

plates300 Member

Couple of things that concern me about the Texans overall -

Special teams needs to change and it needs to change quick. We have a great offense but if you make our offense drive 80+ yards every time, we're bound to stall out and probably give the opposition better field position.

Our run defense is still suspect. With Cushing out now, it's going to be a bit dreadful watching Bradie James/the other linebackers try to cover. If anything was apparent, the linebackers outside of brooks reed were super slow in coverage.

Our secondary has been good so far this year but it was a bit suspect against the Jets. I'm not sure if something is wrong with Joseph, but he was getting beat repeatedly last night, which was definitely not normal.

The run game still isn't as consistent as it should be. Also, opposing defenses almost know for a fact that we will run to the left side on short down situations. It makes it way too predictable.

Lastly, if the Texans can slow down the Packer's pass rush aka Clay Matthews, then it should be a good game.

1 person likes this.
  15. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Mistake.

With a loss, the Packers will be 2-4. I don't see them rolling over that easy, This team is upset and not clicking... yet. They can start clicking at any moment. Dangerous team. And guess what, they still have the reigning MVP under center. I have the Pack handing the Texans their first loss, unfortunately.

16. Rocket Rowdie

Rocket Rowdie Member

I like our chances. Roof should be closed, we do that for all big games, regardless of weather. In the past 2 seasons, our crowd has been one of the loudest in the NFL, so homefield advantage will be huge. In terms of statistics, we dominated the Jets on both sides of the ball, regardless of the score. What worries me is our inability to punch it in the Red Zone... Just one touchdown from 5 yards in and this game is laugher. Same goes to the Kickoff return, which I will always regard as fluke scores. The other touchdown they scored was off a lousy and uncharacteristic throw from Schaub. He was trying to force it to Dre, which is out of the ordinary from him.

We did just see the potential of a team that is fighting for its life coming off a bad loss. The Pack really can't afford to be going 2-4, and I'd expect an extremely motivated team and a close game to come of it. However, we too our coming off a big emotional loss, so I'd expect a lot of guys on our defense (read: Connor Barwin) to step up and really make an impact.

Green Bay has an average defense, and as of right now, an average offense. Good pass rushing teams have had a field day with their O-Line. If Finley can go, that's a worry, because right now our MLBs can't really cover. J-Jo wasn't himself, so I expect him to turn it around. Troy Nolan was rusty, and I don't expect much better. We need to jump to a quick two-score lead and then we'll be tough to beat. It's all about punching it in the Red Zone, and I'd love for Tate to get back for that purpose. Wouldn't be surprised if we took the first loss here, but I think of our big 4 games (Pack, Ravens, Pats and Bears) this is our most winnable.

Texans 24, Packers 20

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

The Packers are NOT a 2-3 caliber team. This will be a tough game. I think it will be another close win similar to the one last night (without any injuries this time please).

18. Raven

Raven Member

Texans are gonna win it for Cush.

6-0

Book it.

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Agree here.
    Arian goes for 150 with 2 TD's and reclaims the status as NFL rushing leader
    The 3 TE cont. to be our best passing weapon
    Andre doesn't put up gaudy numbers but improves
    Ben jones comes in early again
    Kareem continues to look repossessed by Joseph
    Watt only gets 2 sacks when he could have had 4
    Trindon still sux
    The kick off coverage improves
    Keyshawn Martin cont. to look better,..puts up better numbers than Andre

27-17 Texans

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

This ones for Cush!...(holds up trophy)