1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets games on Comcast Sportsnet for DTV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JBIIRockets, Sep 26, 2012.

1. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

How can I get CSS?
    CSS is available through Comcast, Charter and other cable providers. We are not currently available through Dish Network or DirecTV. If you are interested in CSS on your cable or satellite provider, please contact them and request it.

I chatted with Dish tech support. They dont have CSS but the rep created a network request. I don't think that 1 request will make a difference so everyone should go and request it. You can do it via chat, email, or twitter:
    http://www.dish.com/chat/
    Twitter: @dish_answers

#21 aeroman10, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  2. Know Your Role

In my experience these companies don't do anything until they have to. Expect to miss preseason games and perhaps a few early regular season games. Complain, request channel, yell, get angry, etc. and force their hand. You can always ask around for live links to the games online until it gets settled. Rest assured they will provide the channel but you won't know when until it happens.

That said the Comcast guy is on his way here to hook me up today.

3. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

DISH recently dropped AMC (and IFC) from its line-up, leaving its customers without Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Mad Men and other great series. Their customer service has scrambled to make it up to those who complain, sending our free ROKU boxes and offering to reimburse the purchases customers made in order to watch Breaking Bad.

DISH is on thin ice with a lot of folks right now. I except them to come to some kind of terms with Comcast, but it does make sense for Comcast to play hardball in the beginning to see if they can skim off a few customers from Dish and DTV before coming to an agreement.

Complaints are heard, but they need to be direct and clear. You need to threaten to switch if you want results.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Does anyone know where the Rockets are going to be on Suddenlink if at all?

5. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Logged my request....everyone that has DISH needs to do the same and put some pressure on them to provide this service. Thanks for the link.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Just talked with Suddenlink; they said Comcast wanted a boatload of money to make a deal and their proposal was turned down. I am out of luck until I find a carrier who has a deal with Comcast. I am in Eastern Texas.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well ****! I'm in East Tx too....and Hate Suddenlink with a passion....wanted to go outside and cut down these trees so I could have kept my Direct TV....damn forest. :p ....first world problems...jajaja.

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

League pass?

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Phonoscope. I work there. Oldest cable company in Houston. Also fiber optics network that is the largest privately held in the USA. Translation: ton of business,government, public sector clients.

10. Convictedstupid

[​IMG]

Seriously, this is the stupidest.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Uverse is working on charging rates so be on the lookout for high rates for outside comcast customer.. that or go to a bar if you're not a comcast customer...

12. kent335

kent335 Member

League Pass

New Rockets fan here. Just bought League Pass for Direct TV to see the games. I bet the the NBA is going to be racking in the dough with all the LOFs coming on board.

13. Convictedstupid

Suddenlink doesn't even offer NBA league pass.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Unlikely :) but it's a nice thought. I auto-renewed LP again... So hopefully I will get my channels without the Comcast drama

15. Mr. Boombastik

So league pass on DTV is an option correct? Local rockets games wont be blacked out?

16. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

who cares about the NBA, i have lots of p*rn movies to watch. ;)

17. Convictedstupid

How real of a possibility is it that suddenlink will go the entire season without getting this channel? Or any of the other providers even?

18. conquistador#11

f you comcast, f you dish network. guess I'm going to have to view rockets games through "alternative" links umm I mean alternative methods.

19. rocketman73

rocketman73 Member

just wanted to know if we have Direct TV will we be able to see Rockets games on our station and if we can will it be extra charged if it will be added to our provider. i really am hoping we can get our games on Direct TV because i am a really true Rockets fan and don't want to miss any games on television.

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I'm not sure... I don't live in Houston so I typically don't have blackout issues. I would check with them before you buy it