1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Car sales career

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Felixthecat, Sep 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

After 12 years of selling durable medical equipment, I have decided to give car sales a try. Does anyone have any advice? New or Used? Make?

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I have 0 experience in car sales, but have worked with a couple. Luxury Car Sales. preferably a dealer that has both new and certified pre-owned. Car Sales is aggressive sales! You have to convince a customer that they need the product you are selling or up selling. Close Close Close!!! Close your customers same day, do not let them "think about it". Lexus, Cadillac, Mercedes, BMW.

Again 0 car sales experience, but I am in a sales position.

3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

4. Classic

Classic Member

Just bought a lexus. Great dealership experience. the features/brand sell themselves so long as you're not a dyckhead & listen to what people want, i'm sure you'd do great

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I just bought a car over the weekend and I spent a decent amount of time at Sterling McCall Lexus...they are awesome, even though I didnt find a car that suited my needs.

I ended up at Audi and my sales guy sucked, but the car still sold itself. Had my sales guy been a little bit more personable and friendly, my experience would have been a lot better.

I'd definitely recommend going into the luxury car dealerships...Benz, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infinity...It doesnt take much "selling" from your end because those cars are already good enough where people want them.

There is good money to be had in car sales...good luck.

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I have zero car sales experience, but I knew a guy that was in the business.

As rezdawg said, there is a lot of money to be made in car sales, but you also have to be ready for valleys in addition to those peaks. You have to be very disciplined and smart with your money.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I don't know...let me talk to my manager...

(these words should never be spoken)

9. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

10. Nero

Nero Member

11. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.