1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[My Phone Just Died] Should I get the iPhone 4 or 4s?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OrangeRowdy95, Sep 17, 2012.

Tags:
?

Which phone has the better value?

1. iPhone 4

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. iPhone 4s

17 vote(s)
    63.0%
  1. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

2. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Is it true the Galaxy 3 is better than the 4s?

3. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

What kind of phone did you have before? Spec wise, the GS3 is the king but if you have already used iOS (ie. paid for apps, have everything backed up to iCloud, etc.) and don't want to make the switch to Android then stick with the 4S or 5. You're going to get a nice phone either way.

1 person likes this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I've extensively used both and honestly it's just whatever your preference is. I recommend you go test both of them out and see which one feels right for you. They both bring different things to the table so it's hard to really say which one is "better" because with phones, it depends on what features and aspects you value the most.

However, if you do choose the iPhone route, I see no reason why you wouldn't just go get the iPhone 5. Might as well get the most bang for your buck.

5. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

If you are set on the iPhone, I would think it depends on how much data you use. If you use a lot, you'll want the LTE capability of the 5. If not, why not save a few bones and get the 4s? Or even if you don't care about Siri, which that 4s version to my understanding was very "eh," just get the 4.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

How do you get the S3 for $99 on Amazon? I don't see it at that price.

7. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Looks like that was a limited time deal last week.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

you can return your phone within a month. get the 4s, and then pay the extra 100 for the 5 when it comes out.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Siri is useless

10. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Great point. I just got the 4s. However, there is a restocking fee for the phone of $35...meaning I'd end up paying $235 for the 5. Not worth it.

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Why cant you not have a cell phone for a week?

I didn't have my first cell phone until I was almost 30.

12. HombreDeHierro

lol man this aint 2002

13. peterrkim

peterrkim Contributing Member

still don't know why you'd even consider using a 4 over a 4s. though i did use both extensively for about a year each, 4s is hands down better. someone already mentioned spec wise (processor, camera, ram).

though you should really consider waiting for the 5. paying 235 for a phone that will more than surely resell itself over that value on craigslist or ebay.

100 dollars more for a better phone is so trivial imo when considering you'd be paying the same price for data/messaging/minutes either way. might as well have it do things better and faster. 4G is also huge. hopefully you're not tricked by the 4s faux 4G (hspa) which is significantly slower than LTE 4G

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

That depends... are you like 40ish now?

I didn't have my first cell until I was about 18 and my second semester of college around 2004 and even then that was really late.

15. RUDYG

RUDYG Member

4s also allows u to mirror it on apple tv iPhone 4 no go on apple tv