1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bomb Threat - University of Texas Campus Evacuated

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Somebody didn't study for their Organic Chemistry test.

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

giving warnings about a bomb at a school, hmmm....

[​IMG]

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

But fake terrorists DO give a warning..

4. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

hmm, I believe you meant to say that only fake terrorists would give you a warning.

Although the thought did occur to me that if you were a terrorist then calling in a false alarm to an entity such as a large university would be an excellent distraction to throw people off from a real threat elsewhere.

5. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

I think he meant "Obviously fake. Terrorists do not give you a warning..." or possibly "Obviously fake; terrorists do not give you a warning..."

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. freeze00up

freeze00up Member

You are totally right. The officials waited way too long to send out the notices if they wanted to delay they should have done like 8:50 that way people going to class at 9 would stay home. Instead they waited almost until the 90 minutes was up and definitely did not do a good job evacuating students off campus.

For example, UT has a siren to warn students in potentially dangerous situations like this, the siren turned on at 9:50 but was shut off about 5 minutes later possibly causing some student to stick around. Also, the text they sent out was somewhat confusing as it said "evacuate the buildings get as far away from the buildings as possible." Now, I reasoned that I should leave campus but some students thought they should just be away from buildings but stay on campus which is why so many didn't leave soon.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

8. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt a formal evacuation notice could go through the proper chain of command in just 15 minutes

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

If a fake terrorists incites terror, is he still a fake?

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You don't work in Academia or a State of Texas institution, do you? :eek: They'll find you.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My guess is it's the Rice MOB.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

this just in

[​IMG]

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not anymore!:grin:

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Bevo is in Ole Miss with the Silver Spurs.

16. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

If my roommate's story is any indication, they aren't doing too good a job at notifying everyone lol

He goes to UT and said when the first alarm went off, someone working on campus told him it was just a drill. He went to class and there were only about 4 people in class. Those kids were told it was nothing to worry about. Then the TEACHER walked in and waited, wondering why everyone was late.

It wasn't until my roommate got texts from friends and family from Houston asking if he was okay that he was certain something was going on. Only then, the teacher got the e-mail and they jetted.

/cool story bro

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm going to go to UT for college.
    These types of things seem like a common occurrence, wasn't there a guy walking around with a gun on campus a year back?

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yee. At TAMU they just keep their guns in their wranglers so nobody fusses.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Unemployed Vince Young with a fake middle eastern accent, "Yeah that's right, I'm da bomb...I know I've been a bust but Imma blow up any minute, you watch, someone is going to pick me up and Imma explode all over the place. SWAT represent!!!....no not SWAT team, SWAT homey!...Hello?"

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>A bomb threat has been reported on the <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23LSU">#LSU</a> campus. Please evacuate the campus as calmly and quickly as possible.… <a href="http://t.co/26gWRU0r" title="http://ow.ly/dLYVg">ow.ly/dLYVg</a></p>&mdash; LSU (@lsu) <a href="https://twitter.com/lsu/status/247736436902723585" data-datetime="2012-09-17T16:39:03+00:00">September 17, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>