1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

connecting to device through laptop?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Han Solo, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I have an older blu ray player that i want to update, but has no wireless. I connected the ethernet cord from the back of the belkin router and get nothing still. I tried it on my laptop and it won't work either so it's not the blu ray player.

i've been trying to figure out a solution, but got nothing. Is there another way to use the ethernet from my wireless laptop and connect it to the blu ray player? I have that done currently, but nothing again. Don't know if i have to change some settings on the laptop or what?

2. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Have you downloaded the firmware?

3. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

nevermind you can close the thread, i burned the iso to a cd-r and put it in the blu ray and it is now in the process of updating.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

DUDE. Where's CHEWIE when you need him to repair something? I mean, amirite :grin: ? RIGHT? :confused: [crickets]

:grin: Lighten up, man, that's what you get for getting a username like that.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

If your laptop is the receiving end of a wireless signal, you would have to make it an ad-hoc "outgoing" network gateway to other devices, but... think of it like this: if you're on the wireless, you couldn't use the "ethernet" out to other devices.

I know you found a workaround, but it would be nice to know how to do it in the future... in case you don't have blank DVDs or CDs. You probably had to configure something on the blu-ray. What model is it? :eek: