1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs lose 3rd in a row...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Free Agent, Jan 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

...thanks to Rashard and the Sonics.

I hope our boy Ben Collins is doing ok.

2. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

Hey, someone please tell the boy Ben Collins about this news. He doesn't watch many games you know.

3. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Get off his nuts.

4. Bookit

Bookit Member

I can't explain it. They look awful. The big three are cold at the same time I guess. Finley looks like his confidence is shaken and Dirk is getting double and triple teamed. Also, Nellie is reverting back to small ball. :(

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Great, looks like they'll be due for one when they play the Rockets on Tuesday. :mad:

6. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

they will be.............they are gonna be determined to beat the rockets. We don't have a chance of winning...unless they're mentally broken.

7. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Rockets will be honored to extend their loss streak to 4...

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

they're a little shaken, i think, after getting it handed to them by the kings...that was a big game for the mavs to show they can play with the big boys...and that game tended to show otherwise.

9. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I'll take our momentum over their need for a win.

Both teams could win that game.

Also, Yao is due for a 20+ point 15+ rebound performance.

:)

10. Maringa

Maringa New Member

I think the Rockets win this one, with Yao having another career night. All you need to do is feed him down low for a turnaround jumper or a quick pass to a cutting Francis or Mobley. Automatic!

The Mavs are really down now...As someone mentioned, the Sacramento game was a statement game. I think the Mavs finally realized that they are pretenders, and their psyche is really messed up. They can't seem to beat any of the big three: Lakers, Spurs and Sacramento, and now they are beginning to lose to the bottom tier of the playoff contenders.

Your guys will have open shot after open shot...better enjoy it while you can. I think it will take some time, but I think the Mavs will eventually recover and start winning again on a consistent basis. I just hope they are a little bit more revved up by the playoffs. Better this slump happen now then later.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

over the past few seasons we've matched up with dallas very well...

12. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Our momentum came to a screeching halt today.

13. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Couldn't agree more with this statement. Every team goes through some type of slump during the season. The Mavs still have fewer than 10 losses so it's definately too early to start worrying.

Najera is due back in a couple of weeks, so add that to Le'Roi getting more comfortable with the NBA and the Mavs bench should be getting much stronger, especially after the All Star break.

As of right now though the Mavs are desperate for a win which is why I think the Mavs will win tonight.