1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your thoughts on Bill Worrell, Bull and Clyde

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownbandit, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I love Clyde, but for the love of God, keep him away from a camera and a microphone. Alexander should do us all a favor if he feels the need to be around Clyde's insufferable sucking up. Promote him to VP in charge of "Damn, anything!!" Just make it off-camera. Bill will add decades to his life span, Mr. Alexander, if you do. We'd all love to have Bill do play-by-play for another century, please. Thanks in advance.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If they dump Clyde, who are we going to laugh at?

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I like bill, bull's alright for a replacement commentator for sure and clyde isn't too bad although i will admit he got on my nerves a couples times. I would say he gets way too much hate around here.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Sometimes I find myself wishing a baby seal would sneak up and club Clyde.

Calvin is the much better entertainer and he can keep a bad game and/or bad season on the fun side. He and Bill make for a pretty good team. They will make me LOL even when I don't want to. That's talent. What it isn't is particularly insightful. But, it is not like you are get any insight at all from Clyde.

Vote for Calvin. Dude can twirl a mean baton.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

The moment I truly realized how bad Clyde is was when I found myself hoping for the opposing team's announcers on League Pass during some of our home games. He's that f-ing terrible.

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

we can laugh at our W-L record this year

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Spot on and exactly how I feel about them. I hope it's going to be Calvin & Worrell or maybe a whole new team soon. Don Chaney would be nice but I don't think he wants to.

8. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Would rep if it were at possible.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Clyde is ignorant and he thinks he's entitled to bumble his way through games and doesn't work on his craft. He's an embarrasment. "I know how To speak Spanish....taco"

Bill's good but I do get tired of his homerism. He dwells on bad calls to the detriment of the broadcast. He also sounds depressed. He's probably Just frustrated with having to commentate with Clyde.

Bull's the definition of average.

Basically, we have the worst Broadcast team in the NBA

#29 Aruba77, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  10. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

[​IMG]

Bill is great....Bull and Clyde? Hissssssss

11. fattz

fattz Member

this sums it up...

sidenote: Last season Bull lost his voice but still came to work. He was wonderful the best I have ever heard him. I thought he was RudyT. He just talked when he needed to without all the sillyness and only added really good well thought out points. (I think Bull trys to hard to cover for an aging Bill AND just bad, hard to watch, basketball making himself look bad.)

Bill, Calvin, and Bull
    or
    Calvin and Bull with a new play by play person (sorry Bill is not what he used to be)

12. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

you all suck! I love Clyde and his occasional nonsense :( And is Calvin really comming back? It'd be cool to have Bill and Calvin at home and Bill, Clyde and Bull on the road :D That would make for the best broadcast team in the NBA by far.

13. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

My Dad who doesn't know a whole lot of American sports but catches the occasional game hates them for some reason.

Me, I'm cool with them, but I barely listen being more focused on the game. That being said, the guy that does the radio broadcast has much more passion.

14. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Bill
    [+] Been around for some time.
    [-] Homer, not the sharpest, when it comes to other teams and players

Bullard
    [+] Umm...
    [-] Whines, overexaggerates his impact back in the day, overall pretty bad.

Clyde
    [+] Unintentionally funny, at times
    [-] Doesn't provide any valuable insight otherwise

15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Money.... People will do anything for MONEY!!!

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This seems like a totally fair and impartial review. :p

17. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

are you people on homer crack?

Bill Worrell is UTTERLY HORRID!!!!!

I dont know wtf happened to this guy but as soon as calvin murphy left bill worrell has become a shameless, pathetic, & downright embarrassing HOMER.

Every call against the rockets worrell disagrees with even those that are plain to see against the rockets. Every game analysis done by worrell is full of home town bias & prejudice. His calls, his observations, his analysis is always slanted for the hometown. I get that he's suppose to be on the rockets side because he works for them but come on, how about a little professional objectivity?

What's worse is, why da hell is he analyzing the game? he is a play by play guy. Not the color commentary. I know why this happened is because calvin is no longer there. Calvin was part of his check & balances. Ever since calvin left, no one has been there to check worrell & his cringe worthy homer calls & even lamer jokes with matt bullard.

Any of you who thinks worrell is great is on crack or is just too blind to see that worrell has lost all sense of balance & objectivity as soon as calvin left.

& dont get me started on matt bullard. There's a reason why he lost espn dream job.

Because he utterly sucks.

Clyde is ok but a bit of a dull, timid, square personality.

That's the honest truth about the rockets broadcasting team.

18. htownbandit

htownbandit Rookie

That's too bad, if you don't like them, go listen to the Radio and turn the TV broadcast volume off.

19. tosweet68

tosweet68 Member

Can't stand Clyde and am one of the few that doesn't want Calvin back either.

20. jocar

jocar Member