1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After missing out on Howard, Rockets to fight for playoffs [NBA.com]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Aug 27, 2012.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

TANK, TANK, TANK

their are 4 solid big men in this upcoming draft, and i want one of them matchep up with D-Mo for the next 8-9 years

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

What are there names if you don't mind me asking

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Pride, Honor, Dignity, and Self Respect.

Oh, sorry. You wanted the names of the big men. I thought you asked what we had to give up to get them.

1 person likes this.
  4. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Ok Daryl!! We knew this day would come!!! Let's get this tanking season over with. Rough ride ahead but I'm going with my Rockets on this one.

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

hell no to tanking, make this team relevant again , I hope lamb and lin lead us to the playoffs

6. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

I think it's pretty clear that there isn't a front office int he league that is dumb enough to go out and announce to the public that the team that he has is horrible and has no chance at the playoffs. Even if it was the Rockets' intention to tank, the front office isn't going to make that announcement to the public. That would be a horrible business move on their part.

Make no mistake about it, the Rockets probably won't win many games this upcoming season, but the team should be pretty fun to watch. While we may not win many games, it's good to know that the team finally has some semblance of a direction and I think the Rockets are better off doing a full rebuild from the ground up.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Odds say, Tanking should be left to the spurs. Everyone else who 'Tanks', gets nothing from it. Period.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Fixed;)

9. luden

luden Member

Love your posts. Why don't people get this?!

10. jocar

jocar Member

11. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

It's both pathetic and sad that many Clutch fans already gave up on the team before the season. Can you say with 100% certainty they won't make the playoffs and none of the rookies will have a ROY season? Who is it to say Linsanity won't continue here? Are you the foreseers of the future?

One online betting have us at 75:1 winning the championship:

Western Conference
    Los Angeles Lakers------------3/1
    Oklahoma City Thunder------11/2
    San Antonio Spurs-----------14/1
    Dallas Mavericks-------------18/1
    Los Angeles Clippers---------18/1
    Memphis Grizzlies------------30/1
    Denver Nuggets--------------35/1
    Houston Rockets-------------75/1
    Portland Trailblazers---------75/1
    Utah Jazz---------------------75/1
    Golden State Warriors-------100/1
    Minnesota Timberwolves----100/1
    New Orleans Hornets--------100/1
    Phoenix Suns----------------100/1
    Sacramento Kings-----------200/1

Take a close look at the odds. The chances of making the playoffs are a lot better than you think! I give a realistic 3:1 odds.

It's not like a predictable team of last year. Rox have a brand new roster. Stop being so negative when you haven't even watched ONE game.

[​IMG]

12. Raven

Raven Member

Who gives a #### about making the playoffs. I want to see the Rockets win another championship, and you need top five talent for that, and the only way the Rockets are getting a top five player is through the draft.

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Last offseason. I believe the core guys from the sixers all met together during the off season & played pick up games as a team together. They would even run plays from the playbook during those pick up games. They got off to a really good start in season because they had that chemistry going from the summer. It would be smart for the Rockets to that in Houston but I doubt it happens. What the sixers did I believe is very rare. I think Morey is right we could potentially be fighting for the PO's. I had us pegged at 35 wins but if we were somehow competing for a 8th seed I woulnd't be very shocked to be honest. It is very easy for a team to outwork there talent. There are a lot of teams in the NBA that have great rosters but don't have better teams. There is a significant difference between the two.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Well uh, yeah. Before this season starts you're correct.

However (giving the hypothetical some play here) IF we made the playoffs, THEN some of our young talent would be seen as desirable AND SO we'd be in an excellent position to swing for home base on the trade front to acquire a top 5 talent.

We've got a lotto pick guaranteed from Toronto, always the option to package that with a (hypotheically good) young talent and move up a few spots isn't there?

More than one way to skin a cat I suppose? But from the article the OP posted, the quotes from Morey suggest that either we're gonna stink and draft high - but our aim is to make the playoffs (in which case we'd have some good young talent going on).

15. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Makes no sense. How can you win a championshiop without getting into the playoffs???

Rox fans should cast judgement on this team after the season begins.

Exactly! The only talents Sixers had were Holiday, Igoudala and Brand, and they were one game away from ECF.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Derrick Rose got hurt.
    Not to mention Holiday, Iggy, and Brand > Our entire Rockets roster.
    People need to swallow their damn pride and accept that we need to tank to get better. We're not LA. We don't get gifted superstars in mega trades.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man, if the Rockets were doing this, they would have a pretty good season!!:eek:

18. thekad

thekad Member

Morey needs to be fired.

19. Raven

Raven Member

The odds of drafting a championship caliber player, through "rebuilding", are better than the odds of convincing a top ten player to voluntarily sign with us instead of a team in Miami, LA, or NY.

Those three cities have five teams. That's more than enough for the championship caliber talent, especially if they want to be super friends, and they all want to be super friends.

The only hope we have is to draft a player who becomes a super star and use them to recruit another elite, which might work, but we have to draft our first one.

See my Sig.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

Drafting a player & then waiting for him to become a superstar takes time as well & is a risk also. It took Rondo what, five years to develop into the triple double machine he is now. Took Nash about 5 years as well before he got his MVP's. Just let the kids play & have the chips fall where they may. Either the roster is good enough to make the PO's & the future is promising or we lose a lot of games & we get a nice pick.