1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Could Have Been

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coachbadlee, Aug 24, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, I see!

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Josh Howard
    Bosh
    Joel Anthony
    Kevin Martin?
    Paul George

3. jvu

jvu Member

Salaries don't match. None of them wanted to come here. Most importantly........Melo is overrated.

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I know right!

LOL!

Gotta love C-Fans though, we love our Rox win, lose, or 14th pick!:grin:

5. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

That team would win 5 rings in 5 years....

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Postbadlee. Doesn't have the same effect if you spell it wrong.

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

We'r talking what ifs here. So I would rather prefer a healthy fully healthy YAO and TMAC with the supporting cast of Martin, Scola, Lowry.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You always think he can't create worse threads and then something like this pops up.

9. jc9495

jc9495 Member

If we're playing what ifs, what if the Rockets had a decent general manager? The Rockets are due for 3 years of a losing seasons, while they only have 3 losing seasons in the last 27 years.
    But what about all this cap room jc9495? Who gives a ****, Morey has proven that he can't land stars, just marginal players who hustle.
    But what about all this young talent jc9495? Every ****ty team has young talent. In fact, they are more talented than ours. Our young players are nice, but will never be franchise/max contract/superstar type players.

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
    The saddest are these: "it might have been!"

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Aren't you the one who was vehemently against going after any big name players? Wanting to stick with the young guys? I don't think you can troll the Howard trade pages, then start a thread reminiscing about what could have been.

1 person likes this.
  13. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Is this NBA 2k12 w/ trade override? lol ridiculous

14. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

I'm ready this time. I know that I'm no longer undecided. Don't wanna be a fool wondering...

15. ejarts

ejarts Member

Real what could have been:

Dragic
    TMac
    Arrest
    Camby
    Yao

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If we are in "what could have been" mode, my first thoughts are what could have been in the later part of the T-Mac/Yao had Yao stayed healthy the next season along with T-Mac.

First thoughts are- Would Artest have been re-signed??... Im not sure about that, but Im going to say no that they still do the deal for Ariza, and end up moving Ariza for Lee.

Second thoughts are- You have two max contracts on the books. What major free agent would they have realistically had the ability to sign IF they were healthy. I think Bosh seems to be the most likely to have been a Rocket had those two guys been healthy. I think Miami still would have been tempting for Bosh, but the ability for Bosh to be the centerpiece of their offense moving into the future, and not having to do the dirty work playing center would have been an appealing situation for him to win a title and be the man.

PG situation- I think Lowry ends up winning the job, and probably fits much better with this unit. Gritty, tough minded, and his ability to shoot the 3 now would have made this team ridiculous to guard. Brooks would have still been shipped out for Dragic

PF Situation- Do you trade Landry or do you trade Scola. I think in this situation Morey still finds a way to move Landry before he becomes a free agent, and gets another nice piece back in return for him. I dont think he would be able to aquire Kevin Martin anymore due to the salary situation. Maybe the future draft pick that ended up being Thomas Robinson??... Who knows. We will just assume Morey got something, but no marquee players.

I think the realistic 2010-2011 lineup after the trade deadline would have been-

Lowry, Dragic
    TMac, Lee
    Battier, Budinger
    Bosh, Scola
    Yao, Chuck Hayes

You are looking at rougly 72 to 74 Mil in Salaries there. in 2011 before the new CBA hits, this isn't too bad. In the new CBA Morey could have found a way to structure salaries to still make things work. T-Mac would have still declined to a level at some point that garnished a price reduction, even if he was still a productive player.

This team would have no excuses to not at least make a few finals appearances.

17. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

Morey is great trying.

That is why we all love him right. The Rudy of NBA GM's.

Daryl "The Great Trier" Morey

1 person likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

:grin:

He tried!

He tried to land Carmelo Anthony, Andris Biedrins, Andrew Bogut, Chris Bosh, Andrew Bynum, Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol, Eric Gordon, Marcin Gortat, Dwight Howard, Chris Kaman, Rashard Lewis, Nene, Amar'e Stoudemire, Gerald Wallace, & Deron Williams.

He tried!

He did, however, land the likes of Trevor Ariza, Omer Asik, Earl Boykins, Samuel Dalembert, and Carlos Delfino so there's that. :p

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

salary cap.....

20. Grape_Swisha281

postbadlee gonna postbadlee