1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610am morning show calling for Morey to get fired.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Aug 14, 2012.

1. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

i agree. rich lord is cool. i actually kind of like mike meltser and brad davies. i absolutely cannot stand john lopez, josh innes, and barry warner...that nick wright guy bugs me as well. i stopped listening to the morning show after marc vandermeer left. if rich lord leaves, no way i'm listening to josh innes. just like i couldn't stand john lopez without vandermeer.

on 790 the morning big show and koch&kalu are great shows. i can't stand i mighty gwinn, matt thomas, and charlie pallilo.

i miss the glory days of 610. they had the best local sports ever - anyone remember john granato and lance zierlein in the mornings, rich lord and marc vandermeer in the afternoons....and matt jackson and adam wexler at night? 610 was the bomb back then! too bad it sucks so bad now

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think you mean John and Lance, in the morning, Rich and Charlie in the afternoon, Matt and Adam with the night shift.

Rob Costa and Danny Vera on the weekends.

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

What are you talking about?
    I didn't blow anything out of proportion.

I heard Josh say that clutch fans are the worlds biggest losers every single person on clutch fans is a loser and that they are all petty just like the rockets.
    He made it very clear to include everybody on clutch fans both the good and bad. So he did include you.
    I find it strange that you think all of this was made up.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

WHAT? Some radio guy in Houston says I'm a loser via generalization?

Well Clutchfans..

[​IMG]

5. mmeltser

mmeltser Member

Yeah, I never said that. Sorry.

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Hey,

Thanks for coming on here and speaking your piece. It can be a tough crowd around here, but you shouldn't take anything personally.

7. mmeltser

mmeltser Member

Not a big deal, perhaps it was a text I read or something of that order. Clearly I didn't clarify it enough.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Anyone remember the Three Amigos from way way back?

9. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

It is what it is now, no hard feelings. In all honesty though you were my favorite to listen to when you did mornings with marc and john. I'm just tired of hearing a story about josh not wearing a pair of underwear when he took a visit to the doctors. They talked on that subject for a good 40 minutes before any actual sports talk occurred. Keep on going on with what you're doing, and thanks for coming on here and putting your insight on this subject.

10. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

Mike- big fan. You are the only one on sports radio that even has a remote clue when it comes to pro tennis haha

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Ughh. Charlie Pallilo is the city's only Tennis, and Ice Hockey honk.

12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

pro tennis on Houston radio? [​IMG]

the lack of tennis talk used to irk me but it is a niche sport and black women are the only real American hope.

13. mmeltser

mmeltser Member

It is a delicate balance. I will say that, in reference to another post above about 610's glory days, that ratings are about as high as they have been in 5-10 years (and this is in an era of 4 sports radio stations here). I'm probably a bad messenger for this sort of information, because it sounds like I'm a PR flak, but I just wanted to provide some context. And yes, I realize the Texans are really good, but these ratings trends began before August 2011.

14. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

Corporate Shill.

I do find your Sheldonesque (Big Bang Theory) awkwardness and incomprehension of social norms mildly endearing, like a really fat kid with a small head.

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

He posts under his name though. schtick even on a messageboard this is great do an impression

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there was a huge amount of optimism and excitement coming into the 2011 season though. Even though they came off a bad year record wise, they showed they had a high power offense and had the emergence of the league's leading rusher. Obviously, the weak point was defense but with Wade Phillips coming into town there was optimism that they would be better (obviously no one thought they would be as good as they were).

I understand the position you're in but the blindly pointing to ratings (more so for Innes) as an indicator that 610 has significantly declined in quality just short sighted and a shallow argument.

17. macho87

macho87 Member

I remember you saying it too.

18. SlimJim25

SlimJim25 Member

AGREED.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is naive. I think most people are complaining about the negativity and bashing. Even if the team sucks, fans want critical analysis, nothing less. It has nothing to do with worship or your vendetta against Morey.

20. ClKent

ClKent Member

Ok so I woke up early today. These guys are no more wrong than any of us on our opinions. Yeah I like most of sports radio 610. I do not like Josh Innes either. However, he is not wrong. There is a fair amount of criticism warranted at Morey for the offseason if he failed to reach his goals on multiple occasions.

Now the way Josh goes about his arguments grates everyone who is a NORMAL person the wrong way. I am glad his co-host lifts him up to make it able to be listened to. On clutchfans being losers? Come on guys. There is a fair amount of bickering that probably was gonna reach this level if some of you keep tearing down everyone who does not worship Morey in the same way some of you do. It was bound to happen. I am basically saying some of you asked for it.

Keywords: Some of you