1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have lost my faith in what Morey's doing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Aug 15, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Morey is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He can't please everyone. If he gave up the farm for howard people would be pissed, if he doesn't give up the farm for howard people will still be pissed. Its a no win situation.

2. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

So are people not understanding that Dwight Howard had a LOT more to do with Orlando taking the deal they did than anything Morey or anyone else did? That was the best deal they could get with Dwight going to the Lakers.

Dwight wanted to go to LA and he did, end of story.

#102 okierock, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe it's not the best place for Dork Elvis.....
    Sometimes the best GM can only be the best GM when he is in the right place with the right guys behind him.

4. ClKent

ClKent Member

Maybe. It seems like the never ending battle with Les and him. Les keeps telling him to get veterans to compete and Morey can never rebuild his own way with just barely competing. Which also means worse draft picks.

5. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

LOL laughable. No. Orlando took the best deal available they gave no rats ass about What Dwights wishes was. If they wanted to please Dwight they woulda traded him to Brooklyn

6. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Chill Morey's doing fine. We're on the right track.

7. pass_to_Hakeem

With the young , inexperienced team HOU has now , the 14th pick next year really wouldn't be a good thing. How would it? HOU surely will be bad enough to land a top 7 which would be a lot better

8. ClKent

ClKent Member

Well at least he is not Orlando's GM. What he (in Orlando) is doing is a unmitigated disaster.

9. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

If we get the 14th pick next season via being a 9th seed, we got a few all-star rookies on our roster. That's an amazing thing.

10. carayip

carayip Member

With your logic, when the Jazz made the playoffs as the 8th seed last year, it's a bad thing for them? You know they lost a lottory pick due to that, right? But why is everyone so optimistic about their roster and future outlook?

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am still not sure I know what he is doing. I kind of wonder if he does.

12. jc9495

jc9495 Member

I'm going to have to take sides with the OP on this one. The unprecedented 14th pick for the 3 straight seasons is terrible. Not all Daryl's fault but it is partly. What he has constructed now is a team that will probably win 30 games this year, 30-35 next, and 35 the next. History shows this could warrant a pick from 7-12 which is better but not great. Parsons and our 4 rookies are nice players. I like what each of them bring, however they will not become superstars. Their sucess will be more predicated on preperation, hustle, and effort more-so than just God-given talent. The Rockets have gone through like 25 of these type guys the last 3 years. We need a freaking stud, ya know a top 3 pick guy. Morey's "innovative" way of running a team may seem nice on the surface, but whether the new CBA likes it or not, great young players will want to team up with superstars. None of our guys will be franchise guys who will earn max contracts.
    Another criticism here. Morey has set us up for the future with some cap flexibility. But so what? No marquis free agent is going to come here. I'm sorry, during Morey's tenure, Houston has become a less desirable place to come, and I have my own thoughts about players and agents not liking to do business with our front office because of the low-balling nature.

13. shortylilboi

shortylilboi Member

DEATH TO MURRAY!!

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Good reply...

T_Man

15. redlawn

redlawn Member

Nope. After Brooklyn signed Lopez, they were off the table this summer . Orlando could have waited til the trade deadline to talk to Brooklyn again, but looks like they wanted to unload him before the season starts.

16. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Isn't that a song by Sting?

17. albuster

albuster Member

It's always somebody's fault, right? Every big name that the Rockets went after did not come because it is their fault or someone else. The organization is perfect and it is everyone else that is wrong. Wow, only in Houston.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

At least the team has a direction now. It may be painful (& a bit late) but rebuilding is the only way.

19. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

This deserves a ban. I don't care if it's sarcasm or not.

20. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Make some constructed arguments before trying to sound smart.