1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blake Griffin or Dirk Nowitzki?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rolyat93, Aug 12, 2012.

?

Dirk or Blake

1. Nowitzki

134 vote(s)
    81.7%
  2. Griffin

30 vote(s)
    18.3%
  1. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

No, it's because he got starters minutes and was on a sorry team. Someone has to score. Glen Davis averaged 17+ after Howard was hurt.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

So? But he still do it as a rookie.

Talk to me when a rookie averages 23 and 14 and it's looked at as oh he did it because he's on a bad team.

This board is hilarious half of you folks were going crazy over Carl Landry.

3. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

I wasn't. I'm not on that stuff like the rest of these people. I'm not crazy about Griffin and I have an even lower opinion of Dwight. Dude has been in the league for 7 years and hasn't developed a post move or a shot yet. That's a shame when Pat Ewing was his coach the whole time and he worked with Dream.

4. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I agree he has time, he is a good player already. But I don't agree that his game has improved like it should have and I don't think he has publicly shown any signs of working towards doing anything about that. He seems perfectly content with his game.

I stress "publicly" because obviously, I nor anyone else can really know what he is trying to do behind closed doors.

5. AXG

AXG Member

I'm surprised at the results. Right now Griffin is the better choice. Dirk is clearly on the way out whereas Griffin is still young and improving.

6. VBG

VBG Member

Going forward of course Blake is better.

But to win a playoff series TODAY, I would still take Dirk.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This doesn't make Griffin a better player right now does it?

Dirk will still win you a game in the 4th where Griffin will vanish. One of them can create their own offense, the other just can't.

8. farmer_jays

farmer_jays Member

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

There are quite a few pf I would take before griffin even with his age. Dirk,love,aldridge,randolph,and pau before I get to blake. I've watch him over and over and I don't think he will ever be a good player in the post. He can become kemp/amare type of pick and pop type of scorer. He has quick feet,but out of balance. Shoulder over toes type. That's why he has problems with bigger players or strong squatty guys like hayes.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Agree. He gets a lot of garbage points. Superstars demand a double team and no one doubles Griffin because he can't make them pay in isolation. Same reason why the wolves don't win even when Love puts up sick numbers. Your best player has to lick his chops when he sees a single coverage.

11. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Since the question was who would you take right now the answer hands down is Dirk. He is still a top 10 (possibly top 5) player and Blake is not their yet. It was just last year this time that Dirk was an NBA champion and played some of the best basketball ever.

After all the moves and changes that Mavs team endured Dirk still took them to the playoffs. As of now, Dirk is the best big man in the NBA.

12. Orange

Orange Member

Chris Paul

13. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I think the poll has sufficiently answered OP's question.

TL;DR: If you get bashed on Reddit, you're gonna get bashed on CF as well. Lesson Taken.:p

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This.

Dirk draws double team in the paint, spreads the floor when he's outside. Blake doesn't demand any special defensive attention. With the defense focusing on Dirk, he still scores 2.5 points more than Blake per 36 minutes. Blake gets a lot of his points from put back. He is not the focal point of their offense.

BTW on the rebound thing. Blake's edge is mostly on ORb, which is obviously because of Dirk's outside shooting. He is only better than Dirk 1 more DRb per 36 minutes.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Blake couldn't even get around the slow and flat footed Scola in the low post. That tells you a lot.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Nah, I just wanted to see what CF thought.

But thanks for the character diagnosis Dr. Phil.

Sorry bro, but sometimes I have things to do that don't involve a computer screen. You should try it sometime.;)

Fa sho.:grin:

17. likestohypeguy

This poll is BS because blake would posterize dirk any day of the WEEK!

:mad:

18. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Really Zbo? Dude is a black hole and he is regressing and he is nowhere as good as Blake. He averages 11.5/8 on piss poor efficiency. Pau Gasol is in his 30s and regressing as well. Maybe Pau on a contender but if your building a team its easily Griffin.

He is a much better rebounder than Stat and a much better passer. Not to mention he isn't a huge liability on defense so I think he has larger upside to be honest. Only problem is he seems to be a bit injury prone. He really needs to develop a post game.

19. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Who air balls FTs?

20. VBG

VBG Member

Wait, what? This Z-Bo and Pau hate is hilarious.

Let's ignore the fact that Z-Bo was playing the playoffs completely injured. Let's also ignore what he did in the playoffs when he was healthy last year.

Blake Griffin could have totally ripped apart the San Antonio Spurs... oh wait.

Blake is also a lot worse defensively than Pau and about the same level as Z-Bo.