1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict End of Season Starting Lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bread and budin, Aug 11, 2012.

1. bread and budin

Well thats why I say a player Like Barbosa. Im thinking we just need a wing who has some versatility - can play the 2 or 3 - and has some veteren experience that can help out these young guys.

I really wanted grant hill before he went to LAC

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    DMo
    Asik

Lamb, Martin, and Toronto 1st traded to OKC for Harden.

3. liveguy

liveguy Member

Not sure why a team that made it to the finals AND has to now deal with a team in the Lakers, would do that trade.

If they do trade, it will be to upgrade....

Harden > Lamb (as of now)
    Harden > Martin
    Harden > Tor pick

I could see them trading Ibaka way before Harden.

4. liveguy

liveguy Member

Lin
    Lamb
    Jones
    DMo
    Asik

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Neither will it be a weekness.

6. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Dmo is marginally taller/lengthier than Joakim Noah. Joakim may be a little heavier at this point, but not by much.

In 30.4 minutes last season, Joakim had the following stats:
    10.2 pts, 50.8 fg%, 9.8 rbs, 2.5 asst, 0.6 st, 1.4 blk.

I feel that it's a fair statement to say that Joakim is a better than average starting center in this league. Having said that, I definitely feel that Dmo is capable of producing similar numbers with the exception of points and fg% - Dmo should definitely produce more points and a better fg% than Noah. According to minutes played, the Bulls apparently felt that Joakim's contribution to the team was twice as valuable as Asik's.

Dmo may not start at Center any time soon, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he ends up starting at 5 by season's end. Asik's good at what he does and that's it. Dmo is multi-dimensional. People cry that it's too early to be making this kind of estimate regarding Dmo, but it's also too early to say that it's out of the question. He's got pro experience, and barring one poor showing, he tore it up at Summer League versus the creme de la creme of College prospects.

However, Asik's $8 mill salary does seem to make Dmo's starting pretty unlikely, unless Asik is just a detriment offensively and Dmo proves he's a capable defender at the position.

7. crash5179

I'm thinking along the same lines as you but I think Donatas will end up sliding over to the 5 spot when Asik is out of the game providing Donatas is not in foul trouble. I don't think Donatas will start at center any this season unless Asik gets hurt but I could see him being the eventual starter there at some point past this season.

Of course a lot depends on Asik or future additions to the team at the 5 spot. If Asik averages 10+ rebounds and 2+ blocks a game while playing elite defense, I could see him and Donatas pairing up as the Center & Power Forward for the Rockets for many years to come. Or maybe the Rockets will draft Isaiah Austin, Cody Zeller or Nerlens Noel in next summers draft and then Donatas won't have to worry about playing the 5 at all. Regardless, if it ever comes to it, I think Donatas could play the 5 spot very well if or when he is called to do it.

8. shortylilboi

shortylilboi Member

lin
    lamb
    jones
    white
    asik

9. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

lin
    lamb
    evans
    donatas
    asik

parsons
    jones
    patterson

we trade martin, morris for tyreke, kings trade tyreke for devin harris, morris, 1st rounder, hawks trade 1st rounder, harris for martin.

10. crash5179

[​IMG]