1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

The situation in Europe is deteriorating. China is finally being affected by everything, potentially the final domino to fall. The only reason US markets are holding up so well is because there is no where else for money to go. That's nice, but will not last forever.

You will see coordinated action from Europe tomorrow morning, and soon from around the world. Some will view that as bullish. It isn't. It is only indicative of how bad things are. It won't help, and any rally from here should be an easy sale.

#5081 CXbby, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yeah it sucked i ran out of buying power when i was shorting that VPU. it was about half my day. the rest was various other stocks like N, BG, DDD, DD, RBS-F, PSX, DE, and a few others I don't remember. it was nice coming in late and having my best day ever.

anyhow, looks like knight lost around $440 million lol. i use their order routing system a lot so i hope they can find some way to stay in business.

3. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

man I feel like I should have bought kodak, that company is worth a lot more than 100 million with all the assets that it has.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Kodak? EK? The company in bankruptcy?

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think he's talking about the alaskan island with all the bears.....it's gotta be worth at least 300mill

6. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

lol yes the place pitbull just went to.

No seriously EK they are trading on the pink sheets. went from .15 to .51 in a couple days.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lots of stocks do that on the pink sheets. Pink sheets are psychopaths. FWIW it actually took 2 weeks to make that move and you could have just bought it when it broke out above 30 cents rather than trying to bottom pick it at 15 cents when it was doing nothing other than languishing away at all time lows.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Actually I looked it up...It's close a billion! The market is way off! Get long Eastman Kodiak!

9. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

You don't think that it will recover from all its troubles?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Knight Capital is so jacked up.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Doesn't seem very likely and even if they do the equity holders will likely get nothing. The EK looked fine for a trade, but there is no reason to invest in a broken company like that.

12. Zackery

Zackery Member

Yesterday I bought some CAT and today I placed an order to buy some Netflix.

Let's see if these two stocks pick it back up.

I bought First Solar about 2 months ago, and today it went up about 22% :)

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Nice grab....it looks like it has room to run a few more bucks with that massive short interest and options open interest seems to be indicating a move to the low 20's.

I don't like NFLX long term, but there is long term support at 50 and it will probably get some random news bounce after touching there. Not the worst place in the world to put a trade on.

CAT is probably worth a look to buy here as well. I'd like it a couple dollars lower though.

14. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Agreed, Netflix is going no where fast. The newest report says like netflix, most customers are unhappy with it. It is mainly because of its movie selection. I haven't touched on their financials, although I am sure it is not looking good for them. If they were making a lot of money why would they want to increase prices in the first place and cause that backlash? That huge drop back a year a so ago was just an adjustment of what the stock really was worth.

I think maybe like a couple years ago their head of operations guy or CEO said that streaming would never be mainstream and that their bulk of their business would be DVDs. Take that for whatever its worth.

15. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Anyone buying ZIP today?

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wish I had bought some. :(

Still a jacked up company. :grin:

17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

3 great days for BAC and NOK

I hope the rally continues at least through the week

18. BIG-Tnguyen

BIG-Tnguyen Member

anybody willing to invest in MNST aka Monster beverage?

19. bustanut82

bustanut82 Member

CAT-Catapillar

Scooped up 35 shares of CAT @ $88.40. Long on CAT....pays quarterly dividend of $0.52 a share.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I waited for Facebook (FB) to fall to $21.50. That has been my target price. They went bellow that mark earlier this week. I kept watch, they fell to about $20 and I eventually bought. I think this will pay off.