1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At the trade dealine, will the Rockets be after... Howard and Bynum?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 11, 2012.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, but they love Philly. Bynum playing for the 76ers is like a kid from Houston playing for the Rockets.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

True but he can make 30 million more staying in Philly. Knowing Morey I know he might continue to go after Bynum. The only problem now is if we get him it'll be cause one of two reasons: injuries or lack of production. If I were Morey I'd be focusing all my efforts on paying DeMarcus Cousins friends to pressure him into immature behavior. Nothing major, a couple fights, speeding, a little weed in the back seat. I think it would be funny for one of his friends to get popped with weed and hit the cop with "Officer, this isn't mine. I'm holding all this weed for my friend DeMarcus Cousins" The queens would have no choice but to trade him LoL

4. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

If Howard is unhappy with Disney World in Orlando and then Disneyland in LA, Houston can build a Disney Space to lure Howard. Or he can go on a Disney Cruise.

In all seriousness, I'd rather not having to hear his name again until he has played one game. Last I heard he still can't run yet.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

I doubt Howard is happening for the Rockets anymore. Bynum is maybe a little more realistic.

6. anchel

anchel Member

Could you develope this idea? I thought with the extension it was less years but more dollars per year.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Neither. Dwight is a lock to re-sign in LA. Bynum is going to be getting the ball shoveled to him on a silver platter in Philly. He'll probably put up a 24/9 and won't even be on the market at the deadline. IF he is on the market, I don't think Morey trades for him unless it is for garbage, something like Kevin Martin and the Dallas pick. I'm just convinced Morey is not interested in paying Bynum a max contract for the next 5 years and taking the risk that Bynum turns into the next Jerome James, which his attitude exudes the distinct possibility. Morey would rather make a play for Ibaka. Shhhhhhh

8. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Damn it would be nice to be rebuilding with Andre Drummund. I'm still a little mad Morey traded Kyle to Toronto even though they screwed us on draft night

9. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Carl, watch Dwights press conf. with L.A, he was SUPER EXCITED to be there...pretty sure he is locked in for a few years.

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Dwight is a lock to stay with LA.

Bynum can get the most money from Philly, so that's where he'll stay.

11. pass_to_Hakeem

LOL!!!! Ok not talking ***** here I'm really not but HOU is never gonna get Howard. It's just not happening!!!
    Now... Bynum isn't entirely out of the question but I believe HOU's beat shot to get him would be "after" the season when he becomes a FA... Philly should have the cash to sign him but at that point it would be all about who has the better shot at a title. It won't be money cause I believe both teams have the cash to give him his max contract..

12. Arthurprescott2

I really hope neither...

13. pass_to_Hakeem

Bynum for sure ..will sign his extension. It will eventually be his team and winning a couple titles before that will make it that much sweeter

14. shortylilboi

shortylilboi Member

this is getting sad.....

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I highly doubt either of them will be traded at the deadline.

Dwight is not supposed to be back until jan. and they have him for the playoffs more so than for regular season (he's re-signing anyway). Bynum, will re-sign, 76ers believe that also... So thus, no trade.

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I agree on this. They did it before with shaq.

To answer OP, we won't be part of any bynum or howard unless some major stuff goes down. Very unlikely.. we really do need to move on.. rockets had a dream team with barkley drexler olajuwon and didnt win it all. They made it far but chemistry is a b****. this should be the closure thread on all that is dwight and bynum.

17. conquistador#11

they got banks in philly?

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

they got bigger banks in houston.

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Exactly lol

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I really think the question to ask is...

How does OKC respond to the Lakers moves?