1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

Which in this case, Gasol was called upon to fill the void in the middle left by Bynum, and was able to carry the team into the finals.

You want me to answer your question as to why Garnett got the best of Gasol in an isolated occasion in 2010?

Game 3 when Garnett went 25/6/3 and Gasol went 13/10/4?

The real question is could the Celtics have won the series if Gasol hand't dominated Garnett in practically every other game?

Game one?

Gasol's 23/14/3/3lbks while Garnett went 16/4/1/1blk

Game two?

Gasol 25/8/3/6blks while Garnett went 6/4/6? wow....

Which looks worse? Gasol's game one already puts Garnett's victory to shame. If you want to choose one isolated incident in a series where Garnett only won two matchups (as you have done) then I would choose to look at game 2. How does that work out?

Fact of the matter is Gasol won the head to head matchup in that series.
    He clearly won 5 out of the 7 matchups that year and it isn't even close. Let alone the clear favor to Gasol in head to head matchups between the two in career posteason.

Gasol grabbed 81 rebounds in the finals.
    Garnett left the series with 39 rebounds.

Yea Garnett really punked Gasol that year.....

2. Shirt Off

Shirt Off Member

hope he's accidentally paralyzed

3. vince

vince Member

Good riddance. All the Howard hate of Houston was getting draining. I would have hated to root for that guy as a Houston Rocket. Who knows why Howard was so adamant against our Rockets?

I don't particularly dislike Howard, it was his right and freedom to have as much input as he could to play somewhere he felt he wanted to play. He did have leverage!! And he used it.

Howard goes to L.A. where they have a history of being an elite basketball franchise.

With Howard, Gasol, Kobe, and Nash they have the potential to be amongst the best teams of all-time!

One thing is sure, that super teams continue to form. All that NBA lockout crap was B.S! Lakers vs. Heat to be settled in the NBA finals 2012/2013!

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

Not cool man.

5. roswell raygun

No, Durant to the Lakers after Kobe retires.

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Stay Classy Bro! SMDH.

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

I feel like the media underrates finese guys Bosh, and Gasol way more than they should be. I would all be for getting Pau if we got him when the Lakers got him, trading our players for Pau at this moment would only help the Lakers future. Lamb or T. Jones with Dwight is something i do not want to see

8. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I dont have nothing against dwight. hmm play with kobe, nash, n pau or come over to play with jeremy lin. im glad its over. no more sources saying . thank god.

9. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Why the hell is this in the GARM? I don't wanna see this **** here. We're not involved in the trade at all.

10. rocketsmetalspd

The Lakers are pick to get to the finals but anything can happen especially to an old team. The thing that will derail the Lakers train will be health and OKC. I can't see DH12 or Nash staying healthy for 82 games. I can't wait to find out and hoping that this season will not have the Lakers in the finals:grin:

11. Arthurprescott2

Wow... :confused: Did he knock up your gf? Your mom? If so, just be glad the kid doesn't have your genes. No need to vent your rage at D12 here.

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What the hell was the lockout for?

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol. The one time where Nash is on a super talented team is the one time where everyone expects him to be unhealthy. Nash is rarely ever injured. His body just lasts so I think he will be fine. But you are right about Howard though, there are a few question marks surrounding his health. When the Lakers have another loaded team is when everyone tosses out the old tag. Lol Honestly, I can't even be mad at the Lakers. They handled there business.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's more like a Super Urkel

15. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Now imagine if the Lakers had hired Rick Adelman instead of Mike Brown. There'd be no contest. I bet Adelman is gonna be sitting Minneapolis all season wondering what could have been. The Lakers gig was his last shot at a championship ring.

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I'm just sick of all this. Every time a diva whines their way to LA/Mia/NY/Bos the character of this league drops a notch.

This is becoming a game where fans no longer support/follow a team because of their city, but follows a player coast to coast.

They might as well take the city name out of the teams name and use some corporate brand. It is all about the money now....

Rollerball anyone?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

18. knappy328

knappy328 Member

I agree, except for number 5 - I don't think Morey actually made the best offer - I think he could have, but there were reports that he was offering 4 young guys, both Toronto and Dallas draft picks and taking back as many as 3 bad contracts - that deal would have been signed in a minute.

Then there were reports that Morey would not bid against himself - that he would only offer one rookie, Martin, one draft pick (not Toronto) and take back one contract. If that is what the offer was then I see where Hennigan walked from that offer.

It is likely somewhere inbetween with Houston being closer to the lower offer and Morey probably playing hardball with Hennigan. I really think Hennigan just let people make offers and finally went with what he thought was best and yes I think Martens probably had some say in it at the end.

And, yes it is really sad that the picks Orlando got were protected. Orlando was in a tough spot and were not going to get an even trade. Hennigan got the type of format he wanted - young players, (exception Harrington, but only half guaranteed next season), moved 3 contracts, (Hedo also half guaranteed next year), and draft picks (unfortunately bad draft picks), but I really believe Houston just came in with a lesser offer in Hennigans mind.

Again, I think the biggest losers in this trade are Houston and Orlando, but Houston has something to build on, Orlando is following Houston's path and OKC's path, but it will take longer to get there. Orlando is a master at the ping pong ball though - I think the best in the league at that.

I'm just disappointed that Houston didn't pull the trigger being a Magic fan and I do think he would have stayed.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's a day later and I'm still baffled and upset by what went down. Like I seriously don't even get it. There is no logic in what Orlando did at all. It's like this whole league is arrayed to spite the Rockets.

20. moreyball

moreyball Member

Did the muthafu**in prick who kept saying we'd get Duwight show his face yet???

1 person likes this.