1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Rockets were after Bynum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Aug 11, 2012.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/08/harvey-hollywood-script-casts-rockets-as-losers/

Sorry if the title is misleading but basically this article about the guy we were supposedly after according to Harvey. I don't know the writer but my guess is he is not making this up right? I didn't see this posted elsewhere.

I'm glad the Rockets weren't involved because giving up the Toronto pick + 2 rookies just for Bynum who could've bolted just as easily is way too much.

2. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I think Bynum was a much safer flight risk than Howard. He's worth the investment since he had actually alluded to wanting to be here. Bynum is also all about that contract money since he isn't on enough of a superstar level to get money from endorsements like Rose/LeBron/Howard. He wouldn't have walked away from the extra contract money and I expect he will re-sign with Philly in the offseason.

3. Happii

Happii Member

Bynum would of just re-signed to the Rockets for the max contract. The whole time all he wanted was a max contract and to be the centerpiece of a team. He also stated on his twitter that the Rockets was one of his preferences. At Houston we could of provides everything he wants. But now Philly has all the cards by this I mean only 1 card, the max contract. He would definitely sign there when his contract is up.

4. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Well, Cyberx called this from way earlier - that the Rockets were after Bynum. Too bad everyone was so fixated on Dwight Howard and on how the Magic would "never reject the best trade package on the table".

Welcome to the illogical side of human decision-making. Big wake up call.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

AARON AFFLALO

6. Raven

Raven Member

Blah, blah, blah. Just shut the F up and tank already.

:rolleyes:

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ROFFLALO

1 person likes this.
  8. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

ROFLANDO

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

ROFL MAO

10. conquistador#11

well, aaron is still in his early 20s and can take his game to durant's level! right?

11. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Haha, I was surprised to hear he's actually older than Dwight (2 months away from 27). Orlando needs to lay off the stupid pills.

12. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

People of Houston media, let it go!

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a big fan of Bynum or his uncanny ability to get injured. So I'm ok with not getting him.

And damn I hope we don't get the 8th seed just to be trampled by LAL or OKC.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What ifs...

15. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I very much agree!

16. carayip

carayip Member

This team can't lose.

Bad record = high lottory pick

8th seed or close to it = some youngsters are stars

17. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I can't believe Bynum is still only 24 yrs old. We can get him next season or later, no worries.

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Harvey's article pretty much directly contradicts Feigen's article in the Chronicle. One is saying we had an offer for Howard, the other states that we were actually after Bynum. If Harvey is right, and I'm leaning more towards him, then the Magic REALLY liked Vucevic, Harkless, & Afflalo as their young core over the Rockets offer. Maybe they just don't value unknown draft picks and cap room as much as one would have expected for a Presti employee? Frustrating for sure, but time for the media to move on, I agree.

Will be interesting to see what future moves the Magic make during their rebuilding process.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I originally wanted a 3way for Bynum, but after reading up a bit on his extremely deteriorated knees, I saw major red flags. The last thing we want is an injury prone center on a near max contract falling apart. Howard or team as-is.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

At this point, I never want to hear the word, "magic", in any other context than Game of Thrones, The Hobbit, or Will Arnett in Arrested Development. No more worrying about what Orlando's gonna do please; we've had enough to last a lifetime. If it were up to me, Hennigan would have woken up with Walt Disney's head in his bed weeks ago.

1 person likes this.