1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Which is exactly what they are doing right now...

2. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Not true.
    Chicago sucked for a decade following MJ.
    Boston sucked for 15 yrs following the Bird era.
    New York was horrible for a decade also after the Sprewell led team made the finals.
    The Lakers are the only team that's immune to sucking. It's not a big market thing. It's an LA thing.

3. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

and it will be a weak ass div next year when the texans clinch the division making it to the playoffs again.

4. ClKent

ClKent Member

We are starting over now. Lakers are making a run for the Championship again. Thats the way it is. Oh well. I said not to get emotionally involved in this Dwight Howard thing.

For 1 you should know by now or have aidea that Morey cant get it done for deals like this

2 Dwight strongly made it know Houston was not one of his options.

3 most important? We had the pieces to finally rebuild in which or supposed great GM was willing to trade it all away on a spectacular 1 year failue of Dwight Howard before he leaves for Los Angeles anyways.

So in closing. Enjoy the rebuild/tanking. Thats what others wanted the whole offseason. Thats what was realistic. Enjoy.;)

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As long as the Orlandos of the world are ok with being the Laker's
    Farm system . . .the system will be broke

If I were a Magic fan . . I would have been like. . ANYONE BUT THE LAKERS!!
    After the Lakers bent them over on the Shaq deal

Rocket River

6. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

if you look at the history of the rockets, they don't tank. actually i think the rox will be just good enough like last year to tease us that they'll be close to the playoffs but not low enough to get a top 10 pick.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

That's a very naive way of looking at it. To me, there's a reason the Orlando front office failed at it. I don't see any sane human being with any basketball experience seeing the deal that happened as remotely viable for the Magic, when you consider the options from Houston.

I don't think Hennigan is stupid. I think he was threatened, and the NBA system allows guys like Dan Fegan to do it. The lockout failed to produce a hard cap and a franchise tag, two things the NFL has and the NBA desperately needs. As it is, the players (and thus, their agents) have all the power and such threats are credible. I think Hennigan should have stood up to the power structure and called the bluff, but it seems he has a CEO and owner that think otherwise.

The big picture isn't about the Sixers or Nuggets. It's about yet another superstar getting exactly what he wants, leaving his original team powerless, and allowing a rich owner to circumvent the system and build another super team. Lockout fail. Try again in five years, owners.

8. TheresTheDagger

Already available at NBA.com. Wow.

[​IMG]

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Well, in order to do that, the 4 and 1/2 rookies would have to play really good basketball this year.... which would be a very pleasant surprise in itself.

10. AXG

AXG Member

Wow, that Fakers team looks too strong, better than Miami. I guess it will finally be Stern's wet dream of Kobe v LeBron in the finals...

11. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

if lin and martin are on, and patterson gets better, there's a chance for lamb to do really well, think the rockets could win some games considering what they did last yr. plus added talent b4 season starts, i guess it remains to be seen.

12. hotdamn

hotdamn Member

13. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

I don't get all the Morey hate. Sure we didn't get Dwight (who didn't want to be here), but we ended up w/ a pretty great offseason. A guaranteed lottery pick, a fan-favorite PG, a defensive big man, and a crop of great rookies. Not to mention we have a ton of financial flexibility w/ no bad contracts weighing us down for the foreseeable future. At least we're not Orlando.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

15. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Letting this 4 team deal go through is just as loose as the Yahoo Trade Review I have heard about... You pay $$ for professionals to make sure that it is a fair trade, and whether its a fair trade or not, they let EVERYTHING go through... Therefore, as an end-result, some teams have developed into super teams... :rolleyes:

Maybe David Stern runs that too? :rolleyes:

My friends have told me that I should NOT buy Yahoo! Trade Review... That you do NOT get what you pay for so I will go with their advice.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Franchise tag would never fly in NBA. Too few players per team. I like the idea of replacing the luxury tax apron with a hard cap. Still have the flexibility of a soft cap, but have a hard cap to prevent ridiculous payrolls.

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Finally tried it in the trade machine.

[​IMG]

Truly is a good haul for everyone but Orlando lol.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Stern stopped cp3 to LA, but is a go with nash and dwight while they keep gasol?
    Lol that is one serious lineup the lakers have

Nash/Blake
    Kobe/
    Jamison/Artest-Barnes?
    Gasol/Murphy/McRoberts
    Dwight/Hill

Not only is there starting lineup insane, there bench is very solid.
    It really is like association mode in the nba right now.

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Working today, on the road. Stopped here for a minute to respond. Will be on this evening giving my thoughts. my condensed thought......fegan black balled martens. Nothing else makes sense including Hennigan being too smart to do this deal over Morey's offer.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I seriously doubt Martin is on the roster by the end of the season. And besides him, every other player on the roster is very young. The Rockets are trying to tank. They let go of three of their 4 best players, and they are going to let a bunch of rookies and sophomores get a lot of playing time.

If that's not "tanking" then I would absolutely LOVE to see what actually is.