1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

DONE DEAL: Dwight Howard to Lakers, Bynum to Philly, Iggy to DEN, Garbage to ORL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Aug 9, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You're not still mad about Dwight are you?:confused: Don't be. It would have been a mistake. Look at the brightside. Now we will truly have a jump on our rebuilding. Nothing but good came out of today. Except what happened to Orlando.:( That was terrible.

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol this guy. Continue sipping your kool-aid.

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

You are an outstanding human being.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

If they could get Kobe to invest more of his energy into defense and moving off the ball, they will be the favorites to win it all

do I see Kobe's ego allowing that to happen?

No.

They're still the team to beat in the West though... I think they can take OKC just because OKC doesn't have anything to deal with Dwight.

5. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I actually dig Denver's squad but whatdoiknow.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I will. Thanks :grin:

Of course I am bitter that LA got Howard so I am exaggerating but it's not like Kobe has done much these past 2 years with Gasol and Bynum (who is better offensively than Dwight)

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

We're not rebuilding unless Morey is ballsier than I think and dumps Martin and Patterson. We're not rebuilding until we have multiple rookies in the starting lineup, getting 30+ minutes per game. And right now we don't.

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

The Lakers can't deal with Westbrook on the other end. Should be interesting but I'd take OKC.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Will someone post that Bad luck brian picture again saying "we'll wait for the best trade... gets arron affalo"?

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Howard's shotblocking can cover for that, Westbrook's offense can't cover for OKC's lack of inside presence. That's the way I see it.

11. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Right, but even Durant can't deal with Westbrook.

Until Westbrook gets his head on straight OKC is never going to win. The series against Miami sealed the deal in my mind.

12. JD88

JD88 Member

Can someone explain why the Paul trade was vetoed. On what grounds?

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Basketball reasons

14. Happii

Happii Member

The Orlando GM might just be the stupidest GM ever. The Rockets presented a terrific deal with drafts picks and heaps for young players but instead he goes with a 4way deal that gives him a bunch of scraps. Ohh well. I'm happy anyway because we get to develop our young players and hope to get a higher draft pick with the Toronto pick.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lakers vs OKC? I take the Lakers.

16. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Rockets reasons.

17. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

No way. Howard is going to eat Perkins' lunch. He'll be able to do whatever he wants down in the post. He's a huge upgrade over Bynum. They'll have Artest tire out Durant on defense while Kobe rests all game before turning things up in the 4th. Nash is better and more willing than Westbrook at setting up his teammates, and also a dead-eye shooter when left alone. Not to mention that Howard will cover for his deficiencies on the defensive end. Plus you have another 7 footer in Gasol clogging the paint who often doubles as a lethal scoring machine.

Let this sink in: Every player in the LAL starting 5 has been selected for an All Star spot in their careers--4 out of 5 of them multiple times over!! The Lakers seem nigh unstoppable at this point with the right coaching staff. The Los Angeles Lakers are a lock for the finals barring any devastating injuries or major displays of ineptitude by the coach Mike Brown.

18. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Arthurprescott2

When Nash retires, are the Lakers going to somehow wrest Rondo from the Celtics? Or Lin if he's great over the next few years?

20. redlawn

redlawn Member

I believe him too. All reports have said that Dwight wanted to be an alpha male on Nets team, not 2nd fiddle to Kobe.