1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Power Rankings] - NBA.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chapinha_br, Aug 6, 2012.

1. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Exactly!

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

either i'm missing your point, or you are mine.

3. redlawn

redlawn Member

There's nearly 500 posts in the "Lin upside" thread with stats, advanced stats, videos, highlights, analysis, and insights. That's just 1 thread. Further, people like Bob Cousy, Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, and others have all already commented on Jeremy Lin's rise. There is more than enough information out there, and many of us have already commented on it. It's your turn. The burden of proof should be on his critics and doubters, not his fans.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

"stats" like "he averaged 8 assists"? Very relevant.

the burden of proof is typically on the person who makes original statement.
    the original statement was Lin "went on to become the most famous athlete in the world."
    Ergo.
    I don't think that person can prove his statement, it was just an opinion. I'm not asking him to prove it. Just saying you aren't being the most reasonable poster here when you ask people to "prove" the opposite.

i'm not a Lin fan or doubter, i don't care one way or another. i just doubt a single very strong statement.
    i don't care if you are fan or not either.
    i don't know how that's relevant at all. arguments are relevant, not who's a fan of who.

5. redlawn

redlawn Member

If we're talking about Lin's fame or popularity, Im right there with you. It's all debateable and ultimately not terribly relevant.

I took Akim to be responding to RedRedemption's statement here...
    If that's the case, then I'd argue there's a large body of evidence to suggest that Lin will put up All-Star numbers, if not next year, then certainly in the years to come.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

ahh i see. indeed, we are talking about different things then.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Semantics. Honestly this is all a ridiculous argument anyway. I care more about the product on the court.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

well, i was asked that question and answered it. i still don't understand why it's relevant, at all.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

my first impression was that the guy is not an English speaker, and I explained the difference.
    but then he wrote "exactly" in reply, so there must've been some point in there.

10. thekad

thekad Member

Hopefully we end up with the second worst record in the league (and our best shot at a superstar to keep for at least eight years rather than just one), but I doubt it. I'm predicting Morey and Les won't allow us to tank.

11. Toast

Toast Member

It's too hard to rank the Rockets 'cause their roster is still incomplete. But as assembled now, yeah, that sounds about right.

12. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

If we do suck, I hope the Rockets look good doing it. The 2000 Clippers sucked pretty badly, but at least they were fun to watch w/ Darius Miles, Q. Richardson, Lamar Odom, and Corey Magette.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fpa-AajVmcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

heh at Peja's expression. "hmm have fun, kid, have fun"

14. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Lol some people saying we should be a few places higher. What's the difference of being 24 or 25 instead of 29 on a meaningless list.

15. conquistador#11

there was a reason the cute one started over bud.
    Asik will give you that force defensively without back spasms.
    Scola will be missed.
    Lin will be able to run the team and score.
    Lee at this point is greater than lamb, defensively.

people will be pleasantly surprised when 6'7 small forwards aren't out rebounding our bigs, and when asik shows up more than once a week.

16. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

If the Rockets end up living up to the ranking... Houston is going to have the worst team in baseball and just about the worst team in basketball. When does football season begin again?

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

No worries. The Rockets will lead the league in fun.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The rookies are going to be crucified on this BBS when the season starts and they are not all putting up All Star numbers. At least one of the rookies will not even crack the rotation on a regular basis (Royce White).

This team, as currently constructed, is probably a sub-30 win team. There is no experience or depth on the roster outside of SG (assuming Martin stays and is healthy and Lamb proves to be a ROY caliber player like some are saying).

My wish is that the team absolutely sucks but is fun to watch. This team still needs an injection of talent but they sure are going to be fun to watch in the mean time.

19. parmesh

parmesh Member

Not if you understand anything about human languages.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Power rankings are fun but what do they really mean?

ClutchFans should come up with a ranking of it's own. A power ranking of NBA teams or maybe of Rockets players.