1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Is: Your best PERSONAL Athletic Accomplishment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Aug 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ketchupNmustard

I "ollied" (jumped) 7 stairs on a skateboard once. I could do various tricks, grinds, etc. but the rush of jumping something more than 5 stairs (which is still a little intimidating to me). I would go on to care about partying more than skating, but I do still skate and wish I skated more as a teen.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

2nd place in a pool tourney when I was twelve, at a Thousand Trails lodge in either Columbus or maybe Galveston. It was teams of two, and I played with some white girl in glasses who was really good and about the same age, but I don't think we even asked each other's names, just high-fived each other each time we won a match. My dad refused to play with me because he "didn't think I would win," so when I walked up to the single-wide with the bag of Almond Hershey Kisses I yelled out to him "oh yeee of little faith!"

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Once, when I was about thirteen or so I was playing a late Sunday afternoon nine holes. Both the best and worst nine holes of my life: four birdies and five double-bogies.... but I'll never forget the four birdies.

Another time, as an adult, I played in a company tournament. I birdied 8 and 9, lipped out a six-foot birdie putt on 10 and birdied 11... so nearly four birdies in a row.

Most of my life, I'm lucky to get 1 or 2 birdies in 18 holes.

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Received the MVP award for my Jr High "C" team basketball aha...

Also doubled off future major leaguer Scott Kazmir in HS...

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Disappointed in this thread. Thought there would be some professional athletes or guys who competed at a high level. At the very least, some male models.

It's lonely being me on this site.

6. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

it doesn't get much higher than K2

Okay, i'll give you a different one - over a four day period (Wed-Sat) i bedded 14 women...never more than 2 at a time.

7. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

This also reminds me. I've also dunked a tshirt and tennis ball.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I once beat Roy Stalin skiing down the K-12 with only one ski on.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Man, you're the hottest thing since sunburns!

10. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Not impressive at all in the wrong context and setting.

Sex tourists go to places like Jamaica (hedonism... lulz), Ukraine and north Australia and **** all kinds of greasy ho's and tourists over the span of a week or two. Other free for fall places with alot of fatties bumping uglies is Koh Samui in Thailand.

Plus, once you get the hang of it, it boils down to a numbers game of trial and error. Hence the pickup culture with guys who start bedding girls after 22 years of going solo - it's all contrived and artificial to me.

Life is a game of quality and context, not quantity.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Cool thread...

In high school was part of city record (South San Francisco) mile relay team.
    Tripled then stole home in a Pony League game (while sick with flu and 102 temp).
    College (Fresno St) IM team was the best dorm team and even beat a frat team in the year-end tournament.
    Rode the MS150 one year after back surgery (doc said no more bikes... so I bought a recumbent but was able to ride the 150 on a road bike).

I am actually prouder of my wife who ran the Nashville Marathon (her first) at age 45. Awesome.

And of my youngest daughter... now plays PG for her Junior High (they went undefeated last season) and a local AAU Select team. She's typically pass-first but led her team with 14 in a tournament in Tomball and almost had a triple double (14 pts/8 assists/9 steals). She just spent a week in Denton at Point Guard College.

12. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

You assume too much. We are not all like you...some of us are pursued by women & do not have to rely on our "game".

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

FIFY....

2 people like this.
  14. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

there goes my dream of ever running into you in Marbella

15. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I was fencing champ in my university PE class. I beat a very quick and more-experienced fencer. I had reach; he had everything else going for him.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Nothing major... Intramural sports while in college.

Played safety in flag football, and had three pics in a pretty close game. Brought one back from our endzone to thier 10. I had at least one pic in every game that year.

In a basketball game I went lights out and had 26 points. I remember feeling like the rim was the size of a hoola-hoop.

Looking back... That stuff was pretty fun. Not sure of how much of an accomplishment it was though. lol

17. Grape_Swisha281

made the game winning the 3 pointer for Marine Corps West.. won regionals. Didnt score a point the rest of the Tourny lol

18. ling ling

ling ling Member

I won a tug of war in 2nd grade.

19. FadeAway_Dreams

I guess I've never really thought about accomplishments. There are a few athletic feats I'm proud of but I guess what I'm most proud of is the attitude I've developed when it comes to sports. Always match up against a better player. Playing them will make me better. Never be intimidated and make them work for every single thing they get.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That reminds me - only year I played intramural flag football in college, I had 12 touchdown receptions and was voted to the all-star game. Never played intramurals after that, for some reason. :(