1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we are trying to trade Martin...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jhagerdorn, Aug 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

well you said "one of them". Either way, you aren't getting them. (I just didn't understand your last set of "arguments", you are all over the place, so I thought maybe you are talking about something else now.)

2. NBA Law

NBA Law Member

If K-Mart goes off, like I think he will. The man's looking for his final big contract, and prove all his critics wrong. Oh yeah, he will be the #1 scoring option. This is the perfect storm for K-Mart to have a big year.

Realistic trade targets with Martin averaging 22pts a game with uber efficient play:

Evan Turner (Philly) Like every year, they need shooting!
    Derrick Williams. The best thing that can be had on Wolves roster. Sad, how they have misused him.
    Eric Bledsoe and Lamar Odom's expiring contract. Again, they need outside shooting, and in win now mode.

3. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i don't think he's realistic. although i guess it depends on Khan. but their asking price has been much bigger so far.

4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

im starting to believe in giving Kmart a second chance, and i think Morey and Les believe that too. i mean, for a guy that can score like KMart, one bad season shouldn't discourage us from using him. he could be back to his former self this season. we should atleast wait until trade deadline to see. i mean yeah, i want Lamb to have room to blossom and all that, but we need someone that's not 23 or younger on this team.yes barbosa could be a vet for us, but i think KMart is twice the player Babrosa is. if he still has a bad attitude when trade deadline comes, then we trade him. but not yet.

5. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I like Martin also I wanted to see him and Ariza play a full season together when Martin was traded here cause it took the spotlight off of Ariza. We are rebuilding so no need for a 29 year old on this team when Patterson will be the oldest player on the team

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Seeing as the new line-up will be more defensive, we will need Martins scoring.

7. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

8. scola4

scola4 Member

9. ejarts

ejarts Member

we should get blatche for veterans minimum. maybe he could break out. heck, we tried thabeet.lol another center for rebounds and defense is never bad. nervosa would be nice for bench depth. we're not deep in guards. and he runs so fast. we're gonna play uptempo so he fits. plus will tire out the other team. he's very fast and excelled with Steve nash. Lin has nash IQ so they will fit. run run run.

10. jhagerdorn

jhagerdorn Member

I cannot believe that my "martin/barbosa" thread has now gotten to Andre Blatche!? REALLY? Please no to Blatche! (CANCER)

11. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Kevin O'Connor to drop GM title but will stay as top Executive of Jazz per Adrian Woj

12. jocar

jocar Member

13. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

martin is valuable to the rockets right now. hes an expiring contract on a rebuilding team..

hes not getting waived an hes not getting traded for picks only..

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

why not. unless you get Howard/Bynum, picks + cap would be the next best thing, realistically.

15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Jefferson is a legit offensive big in a era, where there aren't many still left that don't require "Superstar Calls" to get to the line. Having him play the PF position, with Asik at C, gives us a pretty strong front court with Motiejunas, Patterson and the rest coming off the bench.

I mean wouldn't you rather our rookies take tips from on how to score in the post from someone with a proven track record? His injuries may hurt us if we do well enough to get into a playoff position but, I'd be fine as long as he can help the rooks develop.

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Unless the Rockets are getting a lottery pick for Martin (unlikely unless Martin has a big comeback year and then gets traded at the deadline in February), they will not trade him right now for as long as even the remote possibility of a Dwight Howard trade remains. Martin's expiring contract (together with the new 150% salary-matching rules) make him a key trade piece to any mega-deal.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

we weren't talking about right now as in this very moment. we were talking about his value to the Rockets in general.