1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA TV: re-airing '93 Rockets playoff game 5 vs Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MghtyPtrck, Jul 26, 2012.

1. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Thanks for the heads up,watched the original game from an emergency room waiting area ... good times.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is the game I missed half of a final exam to finish watching. Walked into the class wearing my Vernon Maxwell jersey and aced it like a boss. :) Man, I miss that Rockets team.

5. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Ha... Marc Jackson was in those clips along with Danny Manning -- man time has flown by.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We almost traded Hakeem for Danny Manning after management accused him of faking an injury. Can you imagine?

7. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/a...lajuwon-trade-brewing-roberts-key-to-com.html

I lived in Puerto Rico at this time -- so I didn't have the luxury of finding out through the Houston Chronicle. There was a one sentence blurb in a rumor section of the San Juan Star (the English PR newspaper). It said something along the lines of Stanley Roberts getting interest from LAC, HOU, and DET. Olajuwon may be traded.

After reading that blurb without any additional info my heart dropped. So I took my dad's credit card out of the wallet and I tried to log on to either compuserve or AOL to see if I can get more info. I didn't find much...however, when the bill came in the mail I did get in serious trouble. I was 14/15 at the time. :grin:

Times certainly have changed...

1 person likes this.
  8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Wow! It's so pleasant to see the Dream being the Dream, Thorpe dominating with those humongous hands, Bullard draining the three, Scottie Brooks weaving through traffic to launch those teardrops, Herrera making critical plays, .... man, I could go on but I hope everyone is recording this to know how a Rockets team CAN play.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Keith Jones working for the other team?!?! Wha?!? Haha

I'm apparently not going to work this morning, I got a game to watch!

11. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

NBATV is also showing Game 7 against Seattle. Fricking Refs.

12. Pocket Rockets

So many bad calls in the 4th and OT. Disgraceful.

13. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I watched the game with my son the other day and watched as he was floored by how good The Dream was..... It was a good feeling..not sure why though lol.... But he could now see where my luv for Rockets bball stems from.... Man its a trip how good we had it..... I think if management had keep that next 2 championship teams together who know how good we could have been.... Form '91 to '95 were some great years though.....Stupid seattle and their illegal defense.... shoulda had about 4 appearances in the finals....

14. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

It was amazing how horrible the Rockets were with their entry passes into Olajuwon but not as horrible as Magic commentating on the game lol.

Also, why did Sam Perkins always kill us? Otis Thorpe was a pretty decent defender.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Big Smooth always killed a lot of teams he played against. He was a great Power Forward.

16. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Wow the clippers would have been GREAT-it was aDream