1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Jeremy Lin IS a Houston Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by quinnolivarez, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Should we call them the "Poison Pair"? :grin:

2. HorneR

HorneR Member

I still see Lin as terribly underrated. What with all this talk of him being an "average starting guard." It's almost as if y'all are expecting him to regress.

The way I see it, even if he's already reached his ceiling as a player he's already an above average guard, and with his reportedly strong work ethic there's just no way in hell he doesn't improve further.

Chances are he'll be an all-star (Asian vote and whatnot) but unlike most, I'm of the opinion that he'll deserve it.

3. Quickman

Quickman Member

Lin will be an all-star, he has so much opportunity and there's no one who'll fight him for possessions. If anything the possessions alone will give him plenty of trial-and-error to develop into a great point guard. In the end, that's what everyone needs...experience on the court. He's smart and as long as injury or arrogance doesn't get to him, the sky's the limit.

We could be saying in three year what a bargain we got him for.

4. cocoloco

cocoloco Member

do not know if anyone has posted this or checked it out. i thought it was pretty funny.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C5Hq40rs2ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. ClKent

ClKent Member

I was lurking for a while on this site. Decided to join when they signed up Lin and Asik. Those guys plus the rookies excite me again. I am sure the path to retooling under the young players will be fun to watch.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Man, that was not funny at all. And Spike laughing at his own jokes is r****ded lol.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

I was laughing at him not with him.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

One thing about Lin's style of play is that because he is so aggressive attacking the basket and entering the paint he gets beat on. His nose bleeds a lot and he gets punched in the face at least once every game even the commentators noticed that. He welcomes the contact (so he can score, get the and 1 or go to the line) and refs sometimes swallow the whistle. I can't remember how many times Lin was being hacked and no calls were made. In NY he had guys like Jarred, Tyson, Shumpert and even Melo to stick up for him and really get into peoples face to make sure they understand that, that wasn't permitted. Jarred nearly got into a fight with Jason terry, Tyson was in guys faces a lot of the time, Shumpert talked a lot of smack to KG and Pierce on Lins behalf and Melo always laid the smack down on the opposing pg's when the big man were setting moving screens on Lin. Curious to see how the young guys handle situations like that particularly Royce "he didn't want no part of me" White.

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think that's your answer right there.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

asian?

1 person likes this.
  11. ClKent

ClKent Member

No, actually I just liked watching the forums for all the information. Then when they decided to draft the guys I liked and then added Lin and Asik I was compelled to come out of the lurking stage. I also like keeping up on sites like Texanstalk and BRB but never post.

12. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

He typed Lin and Asik, you erased Asik on his quote.

And I am Asian

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

It is one thing to say that at summer league. But to say that to the likes of KG or Joakim Noah. That is a whole different beast. The NBA is hard to young guys especially the seasoned vets.

14. dback816

dback816 Member

Why did you conveniently ignore the part where he also said Asik?

15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Do you think anyone would want a piece of a guy who is ALREADY on medication and could snap at any moment?

LMAO

That being said, I think most people can see that Royce is just a real cat.

Also, check the video from the Iowa State vs. KY game. White is old school in some ways and I think even the vets can respect that - as long as he "pays his dues".

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Fuarrr am I Asian (Yao), Black (Mac) or a number (09), can't decide.

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah he is a real cat but vets won't give rookies any respect. Paul Pierce refuses to talk to/acknowledge rookies on the court. Same with Kobe and Dirk. It will be fun to watch the young guys grow into themselves and together.

18. kinein

kinein Member

The people talking about ceiling are talking out of their rears.

In what is to be considered his rookie year since he didnt play any real minutes prior to the knicks breakout season ~ I'd never say ANYONE hit their ceiling their first 25 games. Be they purple, rainbow, or translucent. Wherever they came from. That is down-right stupid.

There I said it :p

19. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Spurs fan here. I will now be following the Rockets because of Lin. Yes, I'm Asian (Korean), but it's not the only reason I'll be following the Rockets (didn't care about Yao with the Rockets), I'm also really fascinated with the underdog/out of nowhere story and want to see how it plays out.

I think Lin's ceiling is pretty high, and I don't understand why many fans and analysts doubt this. Given starter's minutes, he's crushed it at every level he's played. In high school, he led an underdog team in an upset of Mater Dei for a state championship. A lot of people cite his weak Ivy League competition, yet he went bonkers when he played UConn, BC, and Georgetown. Just ask Jim Calhoun what he thinks of Lin.

Everyone talks about his small sample size of NBA starts, yet NBA franchises give millions to straight-out-of-high school players and one-and-done college players who've never played a single NBA game? Who would you bet on becoming an All Star or even just becoming a solid pro based on respective bodies of work?

Oh, and though I'm a fan of Lin, Il hope he has a good game against the Spurs in a losing effort.

20. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Don't understand why anyone would underestimate Lin's ceiling, dude's crushed it at every level. Critics talk about his weak Ivy League competition and somehow ignore how he went bonkers against UConn, BC, and Georgetown.

People cite his small sample size of NBA starts, yet teams pay millions to straight-out-of-highs school phenoms and one-and-done college players who haven't played a single NBA game? 25 quality NBA starts or zero NBA starts, who would you put your money on as to who would succeed in the NBA?