1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Jul 28, 2012.

Tags:
?

Would Carl Landry Be A Good Pickup For the Rockets?

1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. No

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  1. DaneB

DaneB Member

I know we have a lot of forwards on our team right now, but I'm not quite sure how many of them are on guaranteed contracts. Anyways, if we were to cut a lot of that salary maybe we could sign Carl Landry to a cheap short contract. What do you guys think?

Landry was a great person for us to have on our team back in the day and I don't think he would really take away from what we are trying to do here. He would also be great asset to use if one of our power forwards was injured. What do you guys think?

2. 713

713 Member

Can he play forward?

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

No, he's like 30 now. He would just take

4. DaneB

DaneB Member

The interesting thing will be if people read my post all the way through! :)

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Playing time from our young players for no reason.

6. liljojo

liljojo Member

I love Carl and all, but what would be the point in picking him up again? He's not exactly and young gun anymore, and we have talent we need to develop.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yes, he always has a place here in Houston. Landry is better than any of our ten PFs.

8. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

minutes from Donatas?

9. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Carl is probably the best FA out there right now. I doubt he would want to go from a rebuilding situation in which he was unhappy (Hornets) to another rebuilding situation. And like True Rocket said, he would just be taking minutes away from the young guys.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

he's not looking for a 1 year deal, and i don't see much point even if he was.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Carl is a good player but right now we are stacked at his position. He would either not play enough to warrant the contract or hurt the development of our young guys. Or both.

Maybe if we lose alot of our players in a trade? I don't know, wish him the best though, he will always be remembered fondly in Houston. He is a true man, even bullets won't stop him.

12. Garner

Garner Member

Carl is a known commodity. If we were looking for our first forward to come off the bench on a playoff contender, I would say sure. Otherwise, no value added.

13. BrentStl

BrentStl Member

COOL STORY BRO:

I know we all love Carl. I was fortunate enough to make it to Summer League this year. Saw Landry in the stands near me and my friends. Went down, got a picture, and he actually kept talking to us.

Just as funny and nice of a guy as he always seems on TV.

Sorry, no photo bucket, etc. account to upload a picture... you'll have to take my word.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Talked to him right outside Thomas and Mack that Sat. night. Said Houston was his 2nd home, but doubts management wants him back because "they're getting rid of everyone".

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Aahrrrggg. Would you please think before you post? That is completely inane. GTFO dude.

16. rocketsmetalspd

Need a backup C not another PF. Maybe Greg Oden can be signed to 1 year with option on 2nd year.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

A good pick up? YES, for the rockets? hell no.

18. BrentStl

BrentStl Member

Yeah, same thing here. He was like "if they don't want Luis, then they sure don't need me." I told him he's still a young dude, Luis is at the tail of his prime. Not even fair to Luis to keep him on a rebuilding team.

Landry is still just 28. I think he'd be a damn good (young) veteran presence on the team. And he can produce.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

He didnt develop into what I imagined he would be. I remember when he was younger, the big debate for me was Millsap vs Landry. Obviously Millsap has surpassed Landry now, but when Landry was in Houston it was so very close.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I love Carl and if we were competing this year Theon would say hell yes. But since the Rockets are a young developing team, every available minute should go to DMo, Jones or White at PF.